1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

can plants be grown in locked bags?

Discussion in 'UO Botany and Nutrition' started by Armed4Fun, Sep 14, 2008.

1. Armed4Fun

Armed4Fun Journeyman
    Stratics Veteran

i have my pots in bags locked down in my castle floor n its been 3 day n still stage 1 no change...do they need to be directly locked on the floor?

2. Doireann

Doireann Guest

Sadly, they do have to either be in a bug, your pack, or locked down outside the house. In bags, they remain kind of frozen in time.

3. Armed4Fun

Armed4Fun Journeyman
    Stratics Veteran

darn...all that time wasted... guess the floor it is thanks

4. Wynne

Wynne Guest

I like putting several bags of plants in my backpack and in beetle's backpack. Using UOA's use once agent for each bag will really help speed tending along. If you do lock them down in your house, be sure to tend them daily or they may rapidly become infested and/or less than vibrant when you miss a day of tending. It's easy enough to tend a plant back to health even when it's wilted, but it takes more potions than it would otherwise and isn't as cost effective.

When tending locked down plants, I recorded a UOA macro that opened up all the plant gumps (with enough wait time between each click so one doesn't get that dreaded 'must wait') and then would tend them all with an infinite water pitcher and kegs. That worked pretty well. It continued to work for tending even after the plants burst forth.

5. Armed4Fun

Armed4Fun Journeyman
    Stratics Veteran

cool, i'll do the rest in bags in a beetle. i locked down 60, 20 from ant lion, 20 tsuki wolf, 20 kappa, might as well leave em locked on floor n put the other 180 in bags, 120 in beetle n 60 in pack. thanks for info

6. Lady Lovely

Lady Lovely Guest

You can also have them in bags inside your bank...I use one char with an empty bank that is now full of plants :D

7. Armed4Fun

Armed4Fun Journeyman
    Stratics Veteran

ahh cool! that would be very convenient! great thing to know thanks!