1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice
  3. Greetings Guest! Tonights Maintenance is complete and the Stratics Community Wiki is now live. Please see this thread for more details.
    Dismiss Notice

Can someone advise on my 2 different templates

Discussion in 'UO Warrior' started by StarlaUO, Mar 19, 2008.

1. StarlaUO

StarlaUO Guest

Hello, can someone give me some expert input as my new template seems to be awful.

I went to Twisted Wealds yesterday and one of newly reskilled sammy, Ariel, and got killed twice by Irk and i can hardly scratch it so I log into my second sammy, Sirius, and manage to kill irk without even moving and in less than 2 mins. Can someone tell me whats wrong with the first sammy, is it the weapon is not good enough? Or is it the suit?

Ariel (elf) ---> killed by Irk
    Resist: 70/68/67/70/67 (vamp form)
    suit has 35 dci/14 hci SSI 20 (assassin armor)
    Wep: Diamond mace HML 51, HSL 46, SSI 30 DI 40
    120 Parry/mace/bushido
    100 Tact
    120 Spirit speak
    100 chiv
    40 necro
    Used CW for health

Sirius (human)
    Resist: 70/68/70/63/70 (vamp form)
    suit has 46 dci/26 hci
    Wep: Ornate axe HML 50, HSL 38, SSI 25 DI 40 HCI 7
    120 Parry/mace/bushido
    70 Tact
    100 heal
    65 chiv
    35 necro
    100 Anat (+10 brace)

Its amazing how easy it is with second template, I dont even need to use bandies. I have used a 120 parry/sword/bushido/anat with 100 heal/chiv +40 necro sammy before and its as easy as second template. Cant seems to figure how whats wrong with first template. [​IMG]
  2. The problem isn't your template or your weapon. That character could seriously clean up in about any other spawn that doesn't involve changelings or dryads. The problem is with changelings. I run a template similar to your elf, and he can solo paragon cu's, paragon balrons, Miasma, Doom (all of it, I just wish I could heal other players sometimes) and more. I just can't kill Irk or the other named changelings and I won't even think about what happens against Travesty. Those attempts were a couple of my most futile hours in UO ever.

The problem, I believe, is in using curse weapon for healing. I can't confirm this beyond a shadow of a doubt other than by saying that my wraith/sampire (I've tried in both forms) can't touch a changeling once it changes form, but my samurai with no necromancy doesn't even break a sweat against them. Anyhow, I think that the Irk who copies you also copies your curse/consecrate weapon in the process, so he heals as quickly as you can dish out the damage, since both of you will hit half the time.
  3. imported_GFY

imported_GFY Guest

My guild used to have a problem with Trav and high SS. When she copy's your skills she heals with SS very quickly. Probably the same problem with Irk. Stone SS and try it again.
  4. StarlaUO

StarlaUO Guest

Oh thank you all for the replies. I did not notice that its the copying of spirit speak until both of you mentioned it. No wonder I died... [​IMG] Cheers at least i know its not the template or suit... or that the diamond mace. Thank You again!
  5. suit has 35 dci/14 hci SSI 20 (assassin armor)
    Wep: Diamond mace HML 51, HSL 46, SSI 30 DI 40

Oops......sorry bout that......lemme get a sponge and clean that up.... [​IMG]
  6. aarons6

aarons6 Certifiable
    Stratics Veteran

Oct 14, 2007
    yes you really do have to watch what you bring to travestry.

i brought my archer, he has a heavy xbow with 38 hml, 42 hsl, 35 ssi and 46 di.
    when it turned into me, it killed everyone. it was hitting me for about 90 dmg and dismounted everyone.

next time i brought a magic short bow with about the same stats and we had no problems.

now i prefer to do it on my mage. much easier.
  7. "next time i brought a magic short bow with about the same stats and we had no problems. "

If you have a regular crossbow or bow with high SSI, they both work well. I've used a magical short, and it's actually my bow of choice when soloing, but found that in a group the higher damage bows are a lot more useful and speed up the looting process. [​IMG]