1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

[General] Can someone explain the various Damage Eater mods, please?

Discussion in 'UO Craftsman' started by aoLOLita, Jul 2, 2012.

1. aoLOLita

aoLOLita Sage
    Stratics Veteran

I have been saving up Neo-Covetous loot to build a suit that has the following mods:

70/70/70/70/75
    Soul 30%
    Reflect paralysis
    Damage Eater - 15%
    Kinetic Eat - 15%
    Cold eat 15%
    Fire eat 15%
    Poison eat 15%
    Energy eat 15%
    DCI 45%

I know that the 6 different "eats" don't stack but my reasoning is that any type of attack directed to me will trigger one of the Eats - correct? I live in Covetous 3rd Floor area, trying to get the different slayer glaives (so far Terathan and Snake) and each critter in the various spawns seem to have a different primary damage attack, so I cannot make a "target specific" suit like I usually do.

Should I just stick with Damage Eat 15% and Soul 30% on shield, or continue collecting 15% eat parts? Taking up some serious storage space, and I can always unravel most pieces for relic frags...

2. Risso

Risso Babbling Loonie
    Stratics Veteran

Damage Eater covers all of the resistances - so if you have 15% Damage Eater and 15% Cold Eater for example then they both do the same thing. The difference is that specific Eaters are capped at 30%, whereas Damage Eater is only capped at 18%, so if you have over 18% in a specific Eater it will heal you for more.

3. aoLOLita

aoLOLita Sage
    Stratics Veteran

OMG - I thought only Soul was capped at 30% and all else was 15% - wow, so now I need 30% in the 5 standard damage type eats to make my "Good Eats" suit:( That will be rough ...

4. Risso

Risso Babbling Loonie
    Stratics Veteran

It's possible to get 15% Eater just from a Spined runic kit, and as far as I know (only tried Fire) 15% is only 90 Imbuing weight so it's not too hard to work it into a suit somewhere :)