1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

Can someone please explain how to play an ABC Archer?

Discussion in 'UO Warrior' started by Anderuin, May 22, 2009.

1. Anderuin

Anderuin Guest

I understand the basic concept of it, but the thing that throws me off is the Bushido. I just don't know what spells to use for it. I don't really understand how it works, because most of the spells use parry. So any info would be very helpful! Thanks....!

2. lightning strike is your best friend .use that almost every hit and not only will you hit more cause it gives you 50 hci also it give you a chance to hit for max damage possible. then there is honar if you honar the monster you will do more damage. if antoher monster stands next to you use momentum strike and you will hit the monster harder than you would normally. confidence will heal you even if your poisoned it will stop on the next poison tic but it is handy. and if you combine all this with eo1 you will do some deadly damage.just try to get some mana leach on your wep cause you will use alot of it.

3. Anderuin

Anderuin Guest

How does Confidence work though if you don't have parry?

4. you can still get life from it even with no parry

5. Farsight

Farsight Crazed Zealot
    Stratics Veteran

The most important part about bushido isn't the spells. While lightning strike and confidence can be useful (I prefer armor ignore against tough opponents), the true power of bushido for the archer comes from honoring your opponents.

The description and usefulness of honor can be found in this post in the bushido guide above.

6. Anderuin

Anderuin Guest

Ok thanks for the help. I reread all that info and stuff. I do have a better idea how to play it now.

7. Bushido Training Guide for the Archer-Abridged Version

1. Honor everything

2. Lightning Strike everything

3. Use Confidence for emergency heals

4. Loot gold, rinse/repeat

This ends today's lesson.

8. Diomedes Artega

Diomedes Artega Certifiable
    Stratics Veteran

Didn't you read my reply on the New Player's Corner that you asked a few days ago?

http://vboards.stratics.com/showthread.php?t=141902

It explained everything in depth. The moderator's or whoever really need to sticky whatever good explanation they like so the same question doesn't get asked over and over and over.

9. Diomedes Artega

Diomedes Artega Certifiable
    Stratics Veteran

Last but not least, quit confusing bushido and parry. JUST ONLY worry about it IF you are a melee template.

If you are an archer, it is ALL ABOUT perfection. You need good bows, proper healing and stay close enough so you can keep tapping out on honor. As long as you are close enough to invoke honor, you can gain in honor. You gain honor at a slower rate than a melee template, UNLESS you stay within two tiles upon EACH mobs death.

Hope that helps. Read the FAQ and Understand it.