1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

[Discussion] Can we all get along please?

Discussion in 'UO Rares Collector' started by DVI, Feb 24, 2010.

1. DVI

DVI Guest

I'll be the first to admit Im certainly no innocent, and I've made my share of aggressive or ass hole posts in the past and maybe some more recently that I don't recall, but it seems there's been a lot of fighting and rude posts lately.

Lets all try to remember we're a community and need to rely on each other in a variety of ways.

Besides, when all of our threads contain nothing but arguing people don't want to read them which means our questions don't get answered, our items don't get sold, and we lose potential new collectors who are turned off by our asinine behavior.

So, how about we all just tone it down or restrict the attitudes to pm/icq?

I'm sure this will get locked/deleted/moved, but I felt it was necessary to speak up.

2. Woody101

Woody101 Guest

I also admit I am not Innocent in this charge of utter rudness from time to time.I also agree we all need to just get along thank you for your input DVI.

3. Escaflowne

Escaflowne Crazed Zealot
    Governor Stratics Veteran

I totally agree DVI, i've seen that there has been alot of drama on the boards lately and even i have ended up posting because it got to me, when it was none of my business. I apologise if anyone was offended by my posts.

Lets all get along and make this the nice place it used to be :)

:grouphug:

4. Tangled Metal

Tangled Metal Lore Master
    Stratics Veteran

5. Restroom Cowboy

Restroom Cowboy Visitor

Sorry if I have to be the trouble maker here...but if there is something that needs to be said in front of the group...let it be said. If this is to be a community...let it be one. Communities have disagreements...that is what discussions are for. These disagreements do not have to be uncivil...that is what debate is for.

As long as personal attacks are kept out of the mix, what could be more healthy than having everyone be on the same page? It avoids confusion, strengthens bonds, and keeps the community a community.

6. DVI

DVI Guest

I completely agree but it seems that most of what is going on is nothing but personal attacks. Bearing that in mind my point was for everyone to keep their rude comments either to themselves or to private channels of communication.

7. SupSoc

SupSoc Lore Keeper
    Stratics Veteran

I love you all.

8. DVI

DVI Guest

i love you too soc :heart:

9. Tomas_Bryce

Tomas_Bryce Rares Collector Extraordinaire | Rares Fest Host
    Stratics Veteran

Completely unnecessary comment.

10. I'm back *Yay***

=]

Sorry for anyone I offended and yes I do think we should get along better, and stop the madness.

11. Restroom Cowboy

Restroom Cowboy Visitor

welcome back

12. DVI

DVI Guest

it wasn't meant to be a slight tomas, or to say that b/c i created the post it would be removed, but that eventually someone would use this thread to insult someone else as seems to have happened in numerous other threads.

13. Pyccy

Pyccy Sage
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

I agree 100%.
    Peace & Love guys.

14. Chaosy

Chaosy Guest

All the fighting keeps me entertained.

15. DVI

DVI Guest

silly chaosy :)

where ya been???

16. Buns Of Glory [ATL]

Buns Of Glory [ATL] Journeyman
    Stratics Veteran

:thumbup1::popcorn::thumbup1:

17. Suzzy

Suzzy Guest

I must admit, the last threads with this drama have been quite entertaining.

Ultimately, how you act and respond to posts in an anonymous internet forum is up to you. You can choose to take things personally and dish out attacks, or you can take things logically and handle the situation with knowledge and facts. Either way as long as you are participating on the forum on any level you're always opening yourself to one of those choices. Just some thoughts to ponder.

18. Slickjack

Slickjack Rares Fest Host | Cats Nov 2010
    Stratics Veteran

I know I shocked many people by calling someone out, but I challenge anyone to remain silent when they are called a duper/scammer on these forums.

I could not remain idle when someone was trying to ruin my good name and reputation with asinine statements.

Thankfully, I received MANY words of encouragment and support from so many of you. Some from people I have dealt with, others from people I haven't. I appreciate each PM or Q I got. After reading them, I certainly realized I did not have to lower myself to some idiots posts to clear myself of wrongdoing, I simply had to keep operating as I had before....

19. Tomas_Bryce

Tomas_Bryce Rares Collector Extraordinaire | Rares Fest Host
    Stratics Veteran

Oh, good!

20. Restroom Cowboy

Restroom Cowboy Visitor

Oh hey everyone...my name is RC...I am making my *official* entrance now into your community. (comes outta the rares closet) I look forward to getting to know you all more as time goes by. Have a great weekend everyone, and I look forward to taking all of your monies very very soon! :gee:

21. Kimberly

Kimberly Seasoned Veteran
    Stratics Veteran

*breaks everyone's crayons just to be contrary*

Seriously, though, I hadn't noticed a recent difference in people's behavior on the whole.

22. shalanria

shalanria Seasoned Veteran
    Stratics Veteran

OMG! And I missed it all!

23. Lord Nabin

Lord Nabin High Council Sage - Greater Sosaria
    Professional Premium Stratics Veteran Supporter Glorious Lord ACW

Ok let's all get back to buying and selling! hmm Rares Auction on Sunday. I got to run and get all my checks in order!!!!!!

24. Restroom Cowboy

Restroom Cowboy Visitor

hehe awesome!

nice to meet you kimberly of napa...look forward to becoming well acquainted with your shard soon!

25. Hunter Moon

Soc is a tool! There it had to be said!!! ;)

BTW miss you guys and hope everything is going great dear! I'll be on more after the AWESOME Olympics are over. GO EVERYONE!!

Hunter Moon [HOT] Atlantic

26. THP

THP Stratics Legend

Hey thanks all ya apoligies are accepted rolleyes: