1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

[Imbuing] Can we completely remove a property from something we are imbuing?

Discussion in 'UO Craftsman' started by ACB1961, Sep 26, 2009.

1. ACB1961

ACB1961 Lore Keeper
    Stratics Veteran

I know how to reduce a property on an item, but can we completely remove a property?

For example 1 FC 3 FCR 4 Cold ring. Can we completely remove the 4 Cold so it will just be a 1 FC 3 FCR ring?

Thanks in advance for the answer

2. Barry Gibb

Barry Gibb Of Saintly Patience
    Stratics Veteran

No, you cannot remove a property. You can lower a property to it's lowest intensity though, to try to make room for other properties. In your case you can overwrite the 4% cold resist with 1% cold resist on that ring.

Stayin Alive,

BG

3. ACB1961

ACB1961 Lore Keeper
    Stratics Veteran

That's what I thought. It's too bad.

Thanks so much for answering.

4. Beastmaster

Beastmaster Guest

You can completely remove a skill on jewelry by substituting another skill from the same group.

5. guum

guum Guest

That is really good to know, thanks. I wonder if it works for the other groups too.

6. Sarsmi

Sarsmi Grand Poobah
    Stratics Veteran

Some of the area stuff replaces other area stuff I think.

7. Basara

Basara UO Forum Moderator
    Moderator Professional Governor Wiki Moderator Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend Campaign Supporter

Hit Spell (Harm, Magic Arrow, Fireball, Lightning) should replace each other (or should - that's why the ability to get 2 on one weapon was nerfed, to prevent 2 on same weapon).
    Hit (element/physical) area replace each other
    Slayers replace each other
    Skills: Consult the list of the 5 skill groups for what can replace.

8. Obsidian

Obsidian UO Forum Moderator
    Moderator Professional Premium Wiki Moderator Stratics Veteran Campaign Supporter

I just want to make sure I got this right...

I have a FC 1, FCR 3, Int +2 ring with no other mods. Now on this ring I can keep the FC/FCR 1/3 and then make int up to 8 (with appropriate ingredients). And then I still can add 2 additional mods up to max 500% total intensity.

Right?

-OBSIDIAN-

9. Ender76

Ender76 Journeyman
    Stratics Veteran

yes, that's correct.

i was looking around Luna looking for "junk" like that on the cheap, but someone else already had the same idea and beat me to them. max jewels with no un-useful properties are v. useful now. a plain ring with just LMC 7 is worth a lot more than a LMC 7, Int 8 now.

10. guum

guum Guest

Yes, but don't forget to take weights into account. FC is 1.4x, so that counts as 140%. FCR is 1.2x, so that counts as 120%. Int is 1.1x, so if you imbue it up to 8, that'll be 110%. So you'll be at 370% total with 130% left after that.

11. EvilIan

EvilIan Adventurer
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

Unless the ring is exceptionally crafted, you can only take it up to 450%.

12. Nastia Cross

Nastia Cross Guest

I really wish they would have given us the option to remove DI from exceptionally crafted weapons... =( Or made some kind of quest or craftable item that would allow us to remove one property from an item.

13. diff

diff Guest

I haven't touched imbuing yet, but can't you just buy a ring with no mods from a Jeweler, and start from scratch? Likewise, weapons from an NPC vendor with mods?

14. Storm

Storm UO Forum Moderator
    Moderator Professional Premium Wiki Moderator Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

if its a looted ring you can go to 500 ! if exceptional crafted 500 if normal crafted 450

15. Storm

Storm UO Forum Moderator

yes but then the max is 450 i believe ! would have to check as i craft all my own things

16. Storm

Storm UO Forum Moderator

this is also a great trick to do if you are trying to get a item to the "sweet spot" for gains