1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice
  3. Greetings Guest! Tonights Maintenance is complete and the Stratics Community Wiki is now live. Please see this thread for more details.
    Dismiss Notice

Can we fix the Beserker's AI

Discussion in 'UHall' started by Guest, Apr 3, 2008.

1. Guest

Guest Guest

I mean come on. Lets lure them to the fence and potshot them from the other side. How sad is that?
  2. Guest

Guest Guest

I feel sorry for the poor berserker stuck in the teleporter maze area on Origin. He's been there for hours now. He'll get really close to the exit and then turn and head back to the center. I do thank him though for the loot he's giving me. [​IMG]
  3. Pfloyd

Pfloyd Colorblind Collector
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

Oct 10, 2004
    they are berserkers...they dont even really need a whole fence to get stuck...a lamppost sometimes will do it...
  4. But they ARE berserkers!! They are meant to be strong and stupid!! [​IMG]
  5. Guest

Guest Guest

they seem dumb as O'possums who can't find thier way out of a 3 sided box and starve to death trying.
  6. Redxpanda

Redxpanda Lore Keeper
    Stratics Veteran

Dec 6, 2007
    Its bad enough they can kill you in 1-2 hits and can keep up with you on foot so its only suitable that they are dumb. The only defense we have against them is the creative ways we manage to outsmart them.
  7. Guest

Guest Guest

I never have liked the idea of giving stuff insane stats and saying it's harder.

AI needs to be improved on everything...a lot. Why does an archer or a spellcaster walk TOWARDS their target? Why does everything in the game except the Old Haven spectral spellbinders get stuck on walls? Etc.

They need to tone down the stats on the big stuff...but make them sneakier.
  8. Guest

Guest Guest

They're not bad to attack (they can hit for 70 + -), it's the little stuff with unbelievable fast casting & damage ability thats the real problems. These wisps/angels can out cast anyone 3 to 1, it's absurd. Be standing there & next thing you know you have been flame struck, pain spiked, lightning & ebolts all coming at you at once.. Now that the real problem [​IMG].
  9. BadManiac

BadManiac Guest

None of you lot obvisouly played back in the good ol' days, before monster AI... getting things to get stuck on twigs and pebbles was the way of the game back then. Things walked towards you in a straight line, nothing else. Even the zerkers are smarter than that, most of the time.
  10. lol.

That was a blast in the old days.

I used to carry chests or crates and make a line in front of me.

The monsters couldn't go around and you could blast away with spells.

Teleporting to high places was fun too.

Wish they would bring that back.

Heck, bring back the old game.
  11. GWAR_LS

GWAR_LS Guest

Everyone should just play a archer! I loved it when they fixed the Ophinians and would teleport you to them. Seemed more balanced that way. Was lame people just sit on the boats kill after kill.
  12. GWAR_LS

GWAR_LS Guest

O yeah go to seige.