1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

Can we get a tweak in monster loot?

Discussion in 'UHall' started by Freelsy, Jul 10, 2010.

1. Freelsy

Freelsy Babbling Loonie
    Stratics Veteran

I'll tell ya. Imbuing has all but completely ruined any kind of PvM. There is the obvious, powerscrolls, new monster artifacts and ingredients. But other than that, group hunting with luck is pointless. I loved doing Lady Mels and other peerlesses, wearing nearly 4k luck and trying to find that beastly item. Now its just a memory of the past..

I'm not sure if its monster loot, or luck. But when you're fighting the hardest monsters in the game, wearing max luck and getting items with an imbuing intesity of 95. That's F'ing pathetic.

Also, another gripe of mine. Why in the hell can an item that you find as loot only be imbued up to 450 intensity? I've never understood that one. If that cap was increased to 500 it would bring some kind of "life" back into pvming. I could at least farm for the expensive mod items. (ex: brace with 25ep, armor with MR2, lMC 8)

Maybe imbuing should have been capped to 75% total mod intensity? instead of being able to create a 50% fireball wep.. Cap it at 37% and give us an incentive to keep burning val hammers and churning out those Lady Mels...

End of rant!

2. Splup

Splup Guest

Quotes myself from other thread..

3. Freelsy

Freelsy Babbling Loonie
    Stratics Veteran

I believe we had two paragraphs that were almost identical. Great minds think alike!

4. Zyon Rockler

Zyon Rockler Guest

The devs should balance the systems so that loot and imbuing have the same end results as far as intensities. I think it would be nice if the higher level spawns like an ancient wyrm and lower level like an ettin had the possibility of the same level loot, just not as much would drop on one corpse. Like an ettin might have one good weapon every 50 ettins and an ancient wyrm would have the possibility of 2 good items every kill, rather than the ettin being completely worthless to kill.

The gold could be increased on some things, the durability on weapons and each spawn should have something unique. They should add things into the loot drops like a broken sword, rusty ring, to bump good items out of the loot. So instead of having to look at something useless you could see that is was a broken sword or rusty ring, kinda like piles of poop. If you open up a loot and you see piles of poop you know it's all crap, rather than having to eye each piece.

As far as I know, they said they were working on the loots but I think alot of the devs or designers feel the loot is ok the way it is. I also think, if your killing something, the possibility for that slayer should drop. So, if your killing undead you have a better chance of getting an undead weapon, or if your killing a spider, there is a greater chance for a spider slayer and alot more gems and imbuing ingredients would be nice. Like, why can't we rarely get a relic fragment. Even a rare smith hammer or runic would be nice. To me, these would just be incentives, not make the game easy.

5. zamot

zamot Seasoned Veteran
    Stratics Veteran

How did you achieve the 4K luck?

6. UOKaiser

UOKaiser Guest

Doesn't really matter. Nothing is better than imbued items. Only a couple of select artifacts but nothing else is better. it's so easy to get relic fragments,essences,magic residue from the inside of your home that it's not even funny. It's just a waste of time to even bother with monster loot other than the special ingredients in the new lands. Which makes any type of PVM from trammel,fel,malas,ish,tokuno,lost lands a gigantic waste of time not to mention alot of the long term bod system kapup. Thats alot of land massas and collections gone to waste. They never will do what needs to be done to fix it. They are too focus on pvp and making everyone a clone of each other to do what needs to be done.

7. Dermott of LS

Dermott of LS UOEC Modder
    Stratics Veteran

4K is feasible, but you have to have ALL of the correct items to do it. Really the apparent max is 3982 (4k being rounding accordingly).

8. Freelsy

Freelsy Babbling Loonie
    Stratics Veteran

400 luck jewel set
    150 Luck Jester hat
    300 Luck Mempo
    200 Luck AOF
    140 Arms
    140 Gloves
    140 Legs
    220 joannas staff
    140 garb
    80 Sandals
    1000 bonus from statue
    1000 bonus from perfection

In all, my suit is 3910. Which is why i said "nearly" 4k luck. You can also go to the fountain of fortune and try to get the luck bonus... I don't think that is worth the time though. i also believe the sphynx in umbra gives a luck bonus if you're "lucky" enough to get it. I believe he has like 10 different bonuses..

Edit: I put the mempo as having 200 luck not 300!! my bad!

9. TheGhostRaider

TheGhostRaider Journeyman
    Stratics Veteran

Don't need to tell me that loot is broken, unbalance, useless, etc. We have done over 300 Slasher to get a the neckless, even the artifact drop are useless since their don't turn to relic, the loot have so much low end item that it hard to loot. I was sure that hunting high end monster will give me good drop and I can said that, I haven't find any good item. Peerless have a good return of relic that about it. Most ppl I know don't even loot corpse anymore.

I think that point system will be good on monster that after u reach a level, u have a boost on your loot and have a really good item, this is why I love doom now. I'm sick on doing the same think over and over just to get one think. repetition is the key of this game.

We did the Bane/Ophidian quest for two week now and I have find any good items on the corpse ( excpect blackrock). So I vote Give us a reason to look on the corpse once again and remove those low end item.

10. canary

canary Guest

I thought it was common knowledge that luck was messed up. Luck itself doesn't really do much for you, and dev team members have even in the past noted it does not work as intended.

11. Freelsy

Freelsy Babbling Loonie
    Stratics Veteran

I never mentioned anything about luck being broke. I'm simply stating that monster loot needs to be looked into and should be high up on the devs "to-do" list instead of fixing color issues with dandylions and creating endless fountains of water...

12. Freelsy

Freelsy Babbling Loonie
    Stratics Veteran

I don't think luck was ever intended to play a role in artifact drops. I believe that was a player made myth. Luck simply determines the amount of items, amount of properties on said items and the intensity on items to be dropped by any particular monster.

13. yars

yars Lore Keeper
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

i dont know about you guys but im not having trouble with loot, "certain creatures" have decent loot for me.
    granted yes the bigger creatures like navery dont give squat for loot, but your not really there for that are you?
    luck has always been pointless to me, part of the game is sifting thorugh the loot and hoping you get something good.
    its not all peaches and cream

14. Coppelia

Coppelia Guest

Crappy loot since AoS by truck loads since SE, and you actually have to bring it home since SA. Isn't it great?
    I spend my time diving in corpses, drag and dropping endlessly, with the hope that it'll be enough to gain a few 0.1% of Imbueing. It's a factory!
    I don't even look at what I loot now. I throw it in my loot bag, then give the bag to my gargoyle who unravels the container without even checking it. I'm tired of bring the mouse over the items to display the properties, over and over again, just to have a "Oh nice! almost! if only that property was another..."

That reminds me that I knew a private shard which had a ".loot" command to autoloot. I never really felt I would need it until SA came out. Now I'd love a script that autoloot all the 1-2 stones items and place them in my loot bag. I'll never use an illegal program, but the fact that it comes to my mind makes me think that the design is seriously flawed.
    At least, before SA I was giving a glance in the corpse container to see if anything near good was there. Now I take a shovel and toss everything in the unraveling oblivion.

15. Freelsy

Freelsy Babbling Loonie
    Stratics Veteran

If your not having trouble with loot, then you're obviously hunting mongbats.. If you're hunting Navery for loot, then you're doing it wrong. The person that does the highest damage to the monster will determine the loot outcome. 99% of the time that will be a variation of an archer sampire, which generally doesn't have luck on their suit and if they don't get the honor then they wont get the perfection bonus either.

Luck has always semi-worked. There's just soooo many different combinations of item modifications and intensities that it seems like it doesn't work. It just needs a little rework.

Your last sentence is the whole reason i created this thread. There is no longer a reason to sift through monster loot. Your odds of finding any item with the correct mods at near-max intensities are about 1 in 13,000,000,000,000.

16. Freelsy

Freelsy Babbling Loonie
    Stratics Veteran

Let me correct myself there. The loot may have been fine with you. But what is fine with you is probably not fine with me.

I was after the high price, "leet" items that people use in pvp and unique temps. Items where there were maybe only one or two of. My play style catered more to the stupid rich that would pay 100mill plus for my weapons and jewels.

Items that made people stare at your paperdoll because its so amazing! lol

17. Uvtha

Uvtha Grand Poobah
    Stratics Veteran

They should start adding loot only properties to monsters. Either the SA properties, or new ones. Problem solved so long as they are balanced, and I think the SA ones are... cept for the shattering one.

And for christs sake they need to look at the gold/loot values on a monster by monster basis because there are some monsters that are laughably easy and drop like 1.5 gold and item, and regs, and others drop like 300 gold and total junk items and are a GIANT pain to kill.

18. HD2300

HD2300 Certifiable
    Stratics Veteran

Shame about imbueing. Should have only been add 1 property or replace 1 property if an item already has 5.

19. GarthGrey

GarthGrey Crazed Zealot
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend GoT

They should change imbuing so you can completely remove a property, not just down to 1%. Or will everyone scream about that but me? Monster loot at times can be decent, but there's always that totally messed up property that has no business being on that particular item, in any intensity.

20. UOKaiser

UOKaiser Guest

Decent loot is when you can grab a random item that doesn't have a artifact name out of a monster you killed 1000 times to finaly receive that item that no imbued item compare with. That is descent loot. And if you could receive the same item through imbuing it would take the same amount of time it takes a person to kill that monster 1000 or more times to get the chance to get that descent item.

21. UOKaiser

UOKaiser Guest

Which makes no sense because you can get the infinitly more the same type of wasting your time hunting for material from the confort of your own home with just a minute fraction to get the same amount of material than spending months and years hunting for material.

22. UOKaiser

UOKaiser Guest

No point. It's easily crafted now. You don't need to make it even more easier. Who in the world would even use monster loot at all when you can craft the mods without it. It doesn't matter that you can remove a mod. It's still be more trouble than just crafting the item from scratch.

23. Lord Urza

Lord Urza Guest

/Signed

24. Vaelix

Vaelix Guest

This one seems kinda Simple IMO..

Non Crafted Exceptional Items do not have DI..

Meaning, In order to get the 500% Intensity on a Non Jewelry Item, you have no choice but to Sacrifice 1 of the 5 Mods on DI, even if you are only gonna keep it at like 1-10%... Which could be overpowered.. At least on Weapons.

25. I'm not sure how common your common knowledge is, and I do remember a Developer saying in UHall that luck does work as intended. Luck DOES indeed work, and it does affect artifact drops but less so in places like Doom where it is mostly based on accumulated points. Luck does not apply to every loot drop, and it can only boost items to their max intensity for that drop type. It is pretty easy for me to see the difference between Zero luck and 2000+ luck when farming miasma.

26. Splup

Splup Guest

With armor even that doesn't make sense. And like I stated before, let us try "enhance" the items to exceptional with chance of breaking it. Maybe it could add the dmg inc on weapons when done...

27. Llewen

Llewen Grand Inquisitor
    Professional Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend Campaign Supporter

I haven't read your entire post yet, but that is an excellent idea. I think a small tweak to lower the number of items and increase the average intensity of properties in looted items would also be a good idea, perhaps 10% in each direction, as well as fixing luck so that it works properly. And if there is a cap on total intensity, there shouldn't be for the highest end mobs if you are wearing max luck. There should still be a chance of finding that one miraculous piece.

I like imbuing the way it is, and I don't think it needs to be changed, but the changes above would make looted items meaningful again.