1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

Can we get (atleast for Trammel) "pass through" for ships ?

Discussion in 'UHall' started by popps, Apr 15, 2011.

1. popps

popps Always Present
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

One of the most annoying things is to find sea lanes clocked by boats with noone using them.
    When they are parked near server lines it is even more annoying because one's own ship stops and one cannot even see why it stopped.

Not to mention docks.

And now, with the extremely Large Britannian ships around, the problem can only get worse.

So, how about making it possible for a ship to just go "through" another ship "IF" the ship one is passing through has no active NPC or Player on board (i.e. is an unused, non occupied ship)?

This would solve the issue with blocked lanes or docks without affecting ship combat.

At least just for Trammel. In Felucca, after all, one can sink the blocking ship if I am not mistaken (saved for docks and guarded zones)....

2. Ok, but is it that hard to go around obstacles, seen or unseen?

3. Aran

Aran INFRACTION INFRACTION INFRACTION!
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend -A-

Yes. Sometimes ships block entire routes.

But, on the flipside, I can't imagine it being any sort of easy to code this.

4. MalagAste

MalagAste Belaern d'Zhaunil
    Reporter Professional Governor Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend Campaign Supporter Royal Knight

NO! Infact I think we should bring push through back to Trammel.

5. R Traveler

R Traveler Babbling Loonie
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

Better to introduce Yellow Submarine with such ability.

6. BluDjinn

BluDjinn Journeyman

I will admit that this can be a problem while fishing up chest from Mibs.

Some spots, especially SW just off the coast between Skara Brae and Yew,
    can be a pain to navigate.

Lot of sunken ships there and it can be really annoying running a course from one to the next.

Not sure what can be done about it.

7. I think that would give an unfair advantage to scripters. They could sail forever without having to create less smart scripts.

8. TheMac

TheMac Guest

Because scripters like to sail around the world more freely?

9. Mapper

Mapper Crazed Zealot
    Stratics Veteran Alumni Stratics Legend

Friend mentioned this to me a couple months ago and I just think it's a terrible idea. I'd prefer they added in pushing of boats, But that brings it's own problems.

What they could do is have ships at docks float out to sea after a while, Like the Emporium.

10. Aran

Aran INFRACTION INFRACTION INFRACTION!
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend -A-

Sorry how wrong you are.

11. TheMac

TheMac Guest

The only thing I see wrong with this is it makes a box around the docks still... I personally hate going to the Emporium.

12. Hmm, I guess I dont see what the problem is because I have never run into it myself. I just go around boats if they are in my way when fishing MIBs and I've never run into something on the server line. Guess it pays to play a smaller populated shard sometimes :p

13. Absolutely. The causal fair and honest player would be at a disadvantage. The scripters could just load 100's of SOS and sort lot and autobot around.

This would be a scripters dream.

14. TheMac

TheMac Guest

As I don't necessarily agree with the OP, I think that if you make any addition to the game scripters will figure out a way to take advantage of it. You could shoot down any potential idea with "the scripters will have an advantage." Instead of tailoring stuff around scripters having an advantage maybe we should try harder to stop them.

Sorry so off-topic to the OP. Not trying to derail this thread.

15. mjolnir131

mjolnir131 Guest

when you have 3 of the older style boats parked abreast(near emporium) in the lane it's one account being a dink

16. The Bait Dangler

Only if some sort of PvP becomes allowed there, otherwise there is no need.

17. MalagAste

MalagAste Belaern d'Zhaunil
    Reporter Professional Governor Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend Campaign Supporter Royal Knight

Well as an RPer..... I absolutely HATE folk standing on me. I also am not so fond of folk ignoring you "blocking" a stair... Easy to do in Tram... Much harder in Fel. Though I know it would be a pain at EM events and such but perhaps it would stop people from standing on the EM's...

18. The Bait Dangler

I can already see moongates being blocked by people's pets, stairs being blocked, etc. This would open up a great number of griefing techniques in tram, where you are powerless to do anything about it.

19. Fat Midnight

Fat Midnight Visitor

Some people still swear by 8x8 on a boat.

20. Luvmylace

Luvmylace Sage
    Stratics Veteran

Perfect solution to your problem :
    Play in Felucca. No congestion
    LOL