1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

Can we have a easy way to re-price bods in bod books please

Discussion in 'UHall' started by THP, Mar 1, 2011.

1. THP

THP Stratics Legend
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

its such a pain in the arse to price each bod seperate in the book!!!

surely we can have an option to price all the bods in the same book at the same price!!!!

please!!!!

2. Derium of ls

Derium of ls Slightly Crazed
    Stratics Veteran

I'd like to be able to turn a BOD book in and get as many rewards as there are BODS, and get that many BODs back. I know that's a rather silly request, but man... I hate turning them in.

3. Ezekiel Zane

Ezekiel Zane Grand Inquisitor

I've asked for exactly this, several times, for years.

4. Basara

Basara UO Forum Moderator
    Moderator Professional Wiki Moderator Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend Campaign Supporter

Count this as another vote for multi-BOD pricing... All my BOD books are of BODs that I sell for the exact same value each.

Doing this might make some of the people storing BODs in Vendors actually sell some of them as a sideline.

5. Omnius

Omnius Crazed Zealot
    Stratics Veteran

vendor storage should stop. Bods ought to have a default cost of like 500gp

6. Basara

Basara UO Forum Moderator
    Moderator Professional Wiki Moderator Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend Campaign Supporter

Other than deliberately killing the BOD system, what other reason would you have for this?

The ability to store BODs in BOD Books on Vendors was ALWAYS INTENDED. Granted, the intent was to encourage BOD Trading (but, 99% of the time led to BOD Hoarding instead). That is why even PRICED BODs in the BOD books don't count toward vendor rentals, either. Technically, the BODs aren't really worth anything to the possessor - they are contracts that if filled act as "Pay the Bearer on Demand" with the issuing type of NPC.

The simple fact is that many of the people with BODs on vendors using them for storage WOULD sell many of them, if they weren't so %#$%#^#%^ tedious to price one by one.

I would, however, be in favor of not allowing filled BODs to be put into books on vendors. That's a whole other matter from this, as it's a silly way to sell hammers and runic kits without having to pay vendor fees (and as books of filled BODs played a part in the runic duping schemes of the past, I would make filled BODs not shard transferable in books, requiring they be outside books for the trip).

7. THP

THP Stratics Legend

COME ON DEVS ...HOW EASY WOULD IT BE TO ADD A TAG TO THE BOD BOOKS TO PRICE ALL BODS IN THAT BOOK AT THE SAME VALUE PRICE???

8. Warpig Inc

Warpig Inc Babbling Loonie
    Stratics Veteran

Maybe more like tagging the BODs instead. Give each a tag based off their reward weight. Then a BOD books has option table that prices can be set for weights. Any BOD dropped in that book is auto priced based on the settings. Fresh made books are at default of no sale for each weight.