1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

can we help the weavers?

Discussion in 'UHall' started by MagicStar, Jun 19, 2012.

1. MagicStar

MagicStar Journeyman
    Stratics Veteran

i know that the arcane circle was put in brit to attract people to that bank again
    i also think its safe to say that didnt work
    can we either have it moved to luna or have another one put there?
    i always go to help them out but even then it still takes forever and they are all calling in chats for such a long time
    wouldnt it make everyone happier to just have it at luna?

Lady Arwen likes this.
  2. Specialshoes

Stratics Veteran

Maybe a bump to Immolate Weapon.

3. weins201

weins201 Certifiable
    Stratics Veteran

No learn to deal with it. It is fine where it is at, no need to cater to any char or template. I wish it was never put inbrit getting a 6 should actually take some effort, ALOT more than just calling and waiting.:rolleyes:

4. Kylie Kinslayer

Kylie Kinslayer Grand Inquisitor
    Stratics Veteran Alumni Stratics Legend

Count us lucky there is one at WBB, they could have left the only one in Heartwood. *shrugs* Nah on Luna tho. It would take just as long to get a focus in Luna as it does at WBB tho, it depends on how many weavers are on and how many will show up. Location does not matter.

5. virtualhabitat

virtualhabitat Lore Keeper
    Stratics Veteran

There is already one in the bustling megalopolis known as Magincia. Simply everyone who's anyone hangs out in Magincia.

6. Woodsman

Woodsman Guest

Yeah, location doesn't matter given that it's just as easy to recall to Luna as it is to WBB. Another one is liable to divide people.

old gypsy and Sevin0oo0 like this.
  7. Lorddog

Lorddog Crazed Zealot
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

the one in magincia does not give +1

8. Raptor85

Raptor85 Certifiable
    Stratics Veteran

Only reason to want it in luna instead is so that JOAT on all the afk people can be abused by stoning off weaving and focusing with the 20 base skill (so you can get a focus off all the afk people around). Weaving you get your spell bonus for free, it's the only casting school like that, with the only caveot being you have to work with other people to get it. Putting it in luna would get rid of the whole "working with others" part but keep the reward for it for free...

The entire point of the weaing focus was to drive teamplay, by, instead of having to invest another 100+ skill points, weavers getting stronger when they work with other weavers of the same level. Personally I say since it's being abused anyways just make eval int work for weaving as well, with 120 being basicly the "level 6" focus. They should have just left the only one that can do a level 6 focus the one at the end of the crystal area..

Tjalle, Sevin0oo0 and Woodsman like this.
  9. NBG

NBG Lore Master
    Stratics Veteran

I thought it was part of the redesign Brit bank that added the circle. It is the feature added to Brit bank and it should just stay there. I am lazy as well but I do not consider hitting a recall rune to go to Brit that much extra work.

How long it takes to get a focus will not change even if you move it to Luna. It depends on people's willingness to help\character availability. moving the circle will not automatically increase number of weavers on the server.

old gypsy and Sevin0oo0 like this.
  10. G.v.P

G.v.P Stratics Legend
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

lol

so here's the thing. other than the 80->83 skill nerf of WOD, it's a spell that does 300 base damage @ 100 SW, and the damage is true damage. even without a circle there's no spell or ability that comes close to that kind of finishing power. I understand how much better everything gets @ LVL 6, especially winds/thunder, but SW isn't broken w/o a circle unless you plan to PvP. then it's kind of a niche necessity for farming a spawn and disrupting cast times.

Sevin0oo0 and Viquire like this.
  11. Viquire

Viquire Crazed Zealot
    Stratics Veteran

Like, maybe, having a group of folks who you know, and know you, that you play with fairly regularly. Finding solutions to tedious problems can be simple, and fun. :)

12. Driven Insane

Would be a valid arguement if there was more than 6 people at the bank most of the time. Don't know about most shards these days, but the few I play on, I'm lucky to see more than 4 people in Luna at once. :(

Add 1 to Luna, I would probably start leaving my char there just to help my fellow players.

Btw in case anyone thinks this would benefit me. I don't have a single char with SW.

13. Madrid

Madrid Slightly Crazed
    Stratics Veteran

Yes UO is swarmed with people it's very easy to get a level 6 focus. Everywhere I travel on all shards you can get gather 6 weavers in a matter of seconds.

Even on Atlantic I see players ALL the time shouting in Global chant "We need 3 more.....".

Give players access to the damn level 6 Focus or a quest to go around collecting items in order to gain a level 6 focus. Something...anything....or than the way it is now.

14. MagicStar

MagicStar Journeyman
    Stratics Veteran

i dont have weaving either but i do go to help those trying for an unskilled focus
    the reason i asked this is because many times a day i see people calling in chats asking for a few more people
    in the case of an unskilled focus when im at luna bank and i see like 15 people on atlantic im sure theres enough people to help them
    thing is just a recall away is nothing thats true but many still wont do it
    but if its just a few steps they may have better luck
    i dunno if this is really just a bad suggestion i honestly just dont enjoy the constant spamming in any channel i enter yet i do understand why they are doing it
    so for me id prefer to help them out if possible rather than ask them to stop which i doubt would work anyhow
    as for making it too easy i think the days werent trying to make it too easy by putting it in brit in the first place
    at the end of the crystal place i understand they wanted us to work for it even though most ran through dead and rezzed there
    but i always thought putting it at brit was to get that bank popular again like the redecorating that also happened there
    i guess what im saying is rather than try to encourage people to go to brit bank just put it where its most convenient and i have to think luna is in fact the most convenient bank we have by far
    i see it as a way to get people out playing more rather than sitting in a circle for an hour at times screaming in chats
    obviously those players dont want to play without their 6th circle
    im kinda the same way
    even if i can do something just fine with less power i always seem to want the most available to me

either way this is just my opinion and something id like to see happen but if most dont like the idea than i agree it shouldnt happen

15. Woodsman

Woodsman Guest

There is a difference between improving something and just giving it away.

Putting aside the fact that Luna has too much already, if people are going to be lazy and can't take a moment to recall somewhere, well the problem is more about the lack of players than the action itself.