1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

Can we keep the change?

Discussion in 'UHall' started by Strawberry, Oct 25, 2008.

1. Strawberry

Strawberry Guest

Beggars are getting piles of coins labelled "gold coin". I now have eleven piles of gold, which are one gold each but display as a pile of coins and when they are picked up show 65,000 (though it moves as one item, even if you try to split it in half). I'd like to decorate with them :spider: These were legally obtained, through begging. Is it legal to keep them or will EA be banning people for an EA mistake?

2. most bannings for items, other than XXX which is a fake, aren't long and is a mistake by a newer GM, but generally they jsut delete the item, and it is never to be seen again if they view it to be bad :O or so was the case with me and my statues :O

But those sound legal to me so i think you would be fine, although there might be a patch that fixes the name and such :O thus taking away teh uniqueness

3. D'Amavir

D'Amavir Guest

They are ok. Its been happening like that for a long time. I used to have a secure full of them on my beggar back when I used him more often.

4. laurlo

laurlo Guest

I would think if they were obtained legally you should be able to keep them.. though I could see them being replaced eventually...

5. my girl brought this to my attention yesterday
    stacks of gold from 65k and up that seem to be just reg stacks of 20 or less
    they are obviously an unintentional bug it seems, yet i hope they are kept cuz they are cool
    dunno why i like em so much
    i just do
    keep em!!

6. GFY

GFY Guest

I thought stacks of gold were limited to 60k???

7. Maplestone

Maplestone Crazed Zealot
    Stratics Veteran

I'd be mostly worried that an overflow/underflow bug like this might someday enable a more serious bug through some unimagined stacking effect.

Then again, I'm biased, I never liked collecting misprints when stamp collecting :)

8. Maplestone

Maplestone Crazed Zealot
    Stratics Veteran

Although I don't know for sure, I suspect it's a display bug, that it's actually a bugged stack of "-1" gold coin, but since the number is stored as an unsigned integer, it comes out as 65536-1.

9. I put them in the bank and exchange them for gold that I can use. Just load your bank up and get a check for the amount in the bank. It will use up all the one gold pieces.

By the way, there is a fix for that in publish 56.

Might want to keep a few of them around.

:D