1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

can we make a -memrelease for EC client?

Discussion in 'UHall' started by Roland', Apr 26, 2011.

1. Roland'

Roland' Lore Keeper
    Stratics Veteran

i keep trying to find new ways to stop EC from crashing. im 99% sure this isnt built into EC so is there a way to do it manualy on windows 7?

2. aarons6

aarons6 Certifiable
    Stratics Veteran

my ec does not crash..

what is your system?

are you running it as admin?

3. cdavbar

cdavbar Lore Master
    Stratics Veteran

my ec only crashes when im doing Corgul and he has his over dramatic explosion that really does no damage to anyone or anything.

4. Barok

Barok Grand Inquisitor
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

While I like the default crash to be a fast exit to desktop so we can quickly log back in and hopefully save ourselves before we die, or at least get back to our bodies before it decays, ... it would be nice for those of us experiencing lots of these crashes if we could turn on some debugging stuff and have a crash dump sent to EA when we crash.

5. Roland'

Roland' Lore Keeper
    Stratics Veteran

goto ec client forum for more details on my crashing and many others.
    i think its called EC still crashes to desktop.!

weve tried about everything to get it to stop crashing. ive even spent many hours on the phone with EAs tech support who while nice folks sadly half of which would not have heard of ultima online if they hadnt heard the name in the office.

6. Mapper

Mapper Crazed Zealot
    Stratics Veteran Alumni Stratics Legend

Like these?

[​IMG]

I'm running not for roleplay reasons, but because I know I'm going to crash. :D

7. Dermott of LS

Dermott of LS UOEC Modder
    Stratics Veteran

I'd say the biggest problem with the Corgul explosion pictured is that it is a hundred or so separate instances of particle effects rather than one large effect... no wonder people's system choke on it. Just make one big explosion in the EC and solve at least one problem.

8. lucitus

lucitus UOEC Modder
    Stratics Veteran

No the biggest problem is the memory leak in deed, a client which gets slower and slower after an amount of time is instable, it cant be stable otherwise you dindt get these performance issues.

Maybe they are also doing something in the background against it, i would also say performance and the memory managment in all areas also effects is the main problem with the client. If they get this fixed, the client is nearly ready for release, art updates or interface tweaks can always be brought in.

I dont know why it is soo hard to get it done, maybe they should use the connection to the WaR developers same engine, maybe they know why a memoryleak is caused.

9. MalagAste

MalagAste Belaern d'Zhaunil
    Reporter Professional Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend Campaign Supporter Royal Knight

I agree there is some sort of memory leak..... also there is some big major problems with that Nova Blast... It pretty much stops me dead.

Needs fixed ASAP

10. cdavbar

cdavbar Lore Master
    Stratics Veteran

Sure is the right explosion, however I only crash at Corgul, never at the lich spawn hehe