1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

Can you be successful with basic crafting skills?

Discussion in 'UO Craftsman' started by Samara, Dec 4, 2012.

1. Samara

Samara Visitor

I started playing in July after a decade from UO. I've found myself enjoying the forests lately, chopping wood, making carpentry items and bows. Can I ever expect to make a real trade out of this (as well as other craft skills)? It seems like things are far more complicated now.

2. Basara

Basara UO Forum Moderator
    Moderator Professional Wiki Moderator Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend Campaign Supporter

Getting the colored woods can be profitable for sale, and those not sold can be used in a sideline donating to the Vesper Museum and Britain Library collections for items to sell (talismans, especially).

Mining has similar uses, and harvesting leather (whether you use them in tailoring or not).

Smith & Tailor BODs can be gotten from your crafters, improved and combined to get runic tools, that you can then use with or sell to characters with imbuing.

It's nowhere near as simple as it was in the day of selling EX Archer suits, but you can make a profit AND enjoy playing this way. Typically, you're focused more on resource gathering and magical tool production, and it becomes your choice to be just that, or be the user of the tools to try for really high end items to sell.

#2 Basara, Dec 4, 2012
    Last edited: Dec 4, 2012
  3. Samara

Samara Visitor

Ah okay, thank you :)

4. Vor

Vor Grand Inquisitor
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

Reforge and imbue will also help you play as a crafter. It's really not as complicated as it seems at first. Worth looking into.