1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

Can you irradiate me now?

Discussion in 'UO Resources' started by Skylark SP, Sep 14, 2009.

1. Skylark SP

Skylark SP Available Storage: 0
    Stratics Veteran

Yay, so my Verizon phone emits just about the highest radiation levels of any tested phone currently on the market. Good thing I don't talk on it much. :-/

See how your phone/smart phone ranks here.

-Skylark

P.S. for those easily alarmed, we are talking electromagnetic radiation, as in radio waves, etc., which our bodies are bombarded with constantly in our high tech society. The health impact of holding a phone sending & receiving such transmissions next to one's head for long periods of time is still not clearly known. So while there may be no need to break out the Geiger counter to check your phone, it probably won't hurt to pick one that is low on the EMR side.

2. kelmo

kelmo Old and in the way
    Professional Stratics Veteran Alumni Dread Lord

Will you look like elephant man soon?

3. Take those ratings with a grain of salt. All the phones listed rate below the regulated "safe" level of 1.6. It's true that long term exposure effects are unknown, but at this level it doesn't penetrate below the layer of skin.

The Environmental Working Group is one of many "junk" science groups, probably not the worst. They tend to neglect the traditional axiom of "dosage makes the poison" and declare anything with any sort of chemical as being toxic. It's informative, just don't believe everything you read there.

4. Wulf2k

Wulf2k Stratics Legend
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend Crusader of Chaos

But it does penetrate my skin?! That's where I keep my epidermis and hair follicles!

EVERYBODY PANIC!

5. Ahh... you might be on to something there. I seldom use cell phones and still have all my hair.

Except that funny little bald patch on the side...

6. Skylark SP

Skylark SP Available Storage: 0
    Stratics Veteran

I don't worry, my tinfoil hat protects me from everything. ;)

-Skylark

7. Wulf2k

Wulf2k Stratics Legend
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend Crusader of Chaos

http://people.csail.mit.edu/rahimi/helmet/

EVERYBODY RESUME PANICKING!!!!

8. Spree

Spree Babbling Loonie
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

my phone is the best on the list :eyes: