1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

Can you move a vendor from one spot in a house to another?

Discussion in 'UHall' started by ACB1961, Jan 9, 2010.

1. ACB1961

ACB1961 Lore Keeper
    Stratics Veteran

I do not know very much about vendors. I'd like to move my vendor from off the roof to my front porch because it would be convenient for my customers. Is this possible? I've seen vendors pop on people before while they were working with their goods, but I don't know how to do that. I'd appreciate some help if anyone knows.

Thank you very much.

2. Ezekiel Zane

Ezekiel Zane Grand Inquisitor
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

You can move vendors in a house you own if there are no rented vendors in the house also.

If you own all the vendors then go into house customization mode and put a wall where the vendor you want to move is located. When you commit the vendor will be moved to your moving crate. Stand where you want the vendor to be placed and access the context menu on your character and retrieve your vendor. It'll be placed where you are standing.

3. Petra Fyde

Petra Fyde Peerless Chatterbox
    Stratics Veteran Alumni Stratics Legend

If you are not on the house plot when you access your vendor it will come off the plot to you, but it will return to its normal spot in 2 minutes. I know of no way to move an established vendor.

4. Lady Laurel

Lady Laurel Seasoned Veteran
    Stratics Veteran Alumni LOST

I was going to post a similar question to this. But now Im more confused. I was at an auction and the auctioneer popped up a vendor that already had a bunch of checks on it, sellling for 0 gold. The moving crate was not at her feet. She did this 2 times during the auction. So Im wondering how she did this?

5. Tazar

Tazar Guest

If I remember right, reclaiming a vendor from the moving crate is done through the house sign - and not the crate itself - so all the auctioneer had to do is open the house sign - and claim the vendor.

6. Dolphoenix

Dolphoenix Guest

reclaiming a vendor is on the context menu when you click yourself.

7. TullyMars

TullyMars Sage
    Stratics Veteran

The house customization tirck works but can be a pain especially with some add-ons stopping you from going into customization.
    I usually just bite the bullett and buy a new vendor place him, grab all the items out, claim all the gold, use the bod book trick to fund the new vendor (put bod book with a priced bod on the new vendor, and buy the bod out of the book, the only thing a player can buy from his own vendor) and put the items back on the new vendor (pricing can be made easier using the vendor agent on UOAssist if you know how)

8. ACB1961

ACB1961 Lore Keeper
    Stratics Veteran

Thanks guys I really appreciate the infor. I think I'll just place a new vendor & keep the old one is only 21,960 gold a year total for one.