1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

Can you place an Ankh on a Britannian boat?

Discussion in 'UO Fishing and Treasure Hunting' started by Aislin*SP, Jan 3, 2013.

1. Aislin*SP

Aislin*SP Seasoned Veteran
    Stratics Veteran

I have tried - I keep getting the "you must own this house" message. I didn't know if there was a trick to it... I got that message when I first tried to place the special wheel, too, but it placed, eventually.

Thank you!

2. Tazar

Tazar Guest

The brit boats can only hold 2 "one-tile" items. The Ankh is a 2-tile item. Sorry - but it will not work.

3. Aislin*SP

Stratics Veteran

Thank you, Tazar! Much appreciated.

4. jeza

jeza Journeyman
    Stratics Veteran

Oh that would have been nice ! Being able to rez when soloin on your ship....

Still if I had the brit boat would probably use the anvil and elven oven. If you bring a fire beetle, enough cloth and have a crafter toon with tinkering, tailoring, smith, mining, lumberjacking, carpentry and alchemy (and a + 20 cooking talisman or even better some soulstones, one empty and the others with cooking and bowcraft/fletching).
    With such a crew member you can craft mostly anything needed without having to leave the boat (canons, ammunition etc)
    You can repair your ship wit less cloth and wood loss
    You can repair the armor and weapons of the fighting crew.
    And even prepare a huge meal to celebrate the wining battles ;)

In fact you can live mostly on-board, going ashore only to shop wood and collect wool/cotton to craft cloth in a tailor shop.

5. startle

startle Siege... Where the fun begins.
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend Gilfane

This is a dumb question, I know... but - how do you tell how many "tiles" an item has? In CC.

6. Irulia Darkaith

Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

Well my less than scientific way is to place something in my house and see how many tiles it takes up. *shrugs*

7. Petra Fyde

Petra Fyde Peerless Chatterbox
    Stratics Veteran Alumni Stratics Legend

If it's any help, there's a list of things that can be placed on a Britannia Boat on the Ships Guide page

8. Aislin*SP

Stratics Veteran

Awesome guide - thank you for sharing that, Petra!