1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

can you place boats at all in ilshenar/malas/or termur?

Discussion in 'UHall' started by Kojak, Apr 28, 2014.

1. Kojak

Kojak Lore Master
    Stratics Veteran

anywhere at all?

2. Barry Gibb

Barry Gibb Of Saintly Patience
    Stratics Veteran

You can place boats in Felucca, Trammel, and Tokuno.

You cannot place them in Malas, Ilshenar, Ter-Mur,or dungeons.

It would be nice if we could at least use rowboats though.

3. Warpig Inc

Warpig Inc Babbling Loonie
    Stratics Veteran

Exactly. We wouldn't want anyone to fish while crabbing to catch other fish. When we can put a rowboat in the Doom waters, then we will at last see they are starting to get how UO works for players. And lets not forget the ability to fish up a paragon seaserp, scaley or kraken.

4. Voodoo Bad Mojo

Voodoo Bad Mojo Lore Master
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend 4H

cant use them in dungeons?
    really?

i know i havnt tried in years but i remember using them in shame a long time ago.
    if memory serves me correctly you had to hit the placement and bring up the cross-hairs then run through the dungeon with the cross-hairs up to place them.

keep in mind im talking like 10-14 years ago!

5. Promathia

Promathia EM Bennu Fanclub
    Premium Stratics Veteran

Malas - Not being able to place a boat isnt a big deal considering there is only a lake.

Ilshenar - We were supposed to get seahorses for water travel instead of boats. Never happened.

Ter Mur - The river throughout Ter Mur seems a bit too narrow to allow boats in, but if a case could be made for any of the 3 lands, its best for this.

6. Barry Gibb

Barry Gibb Of Saintly Patience
    Stratics Veteran

@Voodoo Bad Mojo You used to be able to place them. I remember seeing a few in Level 5 Shame. They were stilll a no-no back then too. It was an expensive way to teleport between the islands. The Blood Eles would walk on them like they owned the ship, so they added no safe haven.

@Promathia Regarding Malas I agree for the Classic and High Seas ships. It would be nice to be able to use a rowboat on Gravewater Lake though.