1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

(Question) Can you still Sell Accounts????

Discussion in 'UO Pacific' started by dirrty_kustoms, Sep 24, 2011.

1. With the new system and linking accounts, is it still possible to sell accounts..... and if so how do you do it???

2. SchezwanBeefy

SchezwanBeefy Lore Master
    Stratics Veteran

Yes. However, stratics and uoforums no longer support selling in game items for cash. You really just have to know the right people. Good luck.

3. Pink Floyd

Pink Floyd Sage
    Stratics Veteran

It is bannable. EA can ban your account if you post character names anywhere. Good luck and be careful.

4. Salivern_Diago

Salivern_Diago Lore Master
    Stratics Veteran

Pink FLoyd.. That is utter rubbish. Go read the ToS and read what it actually says. Considering EA facilitates account transfers.

Look, I'm posting my character name: Salivern Diago... Ok now I'll sit here and wait for a fan.

5. claudia-fjp

claudia-fjp Lore Master
    Stratics Veteran

They still facilitate account transfers? Last I checked the whole migration and linking screwed it all up.

6. Pink Floyd

Pink Floyd Sage
    Stratics Veteran

Yes, utter rubbish indeed! Come at me with some quoted passages from the ToS and I might be bothered to defend myself. Account selling is bannable and the fact that stratics doesn't allow the selling of accounts for RL cash any more on their trade forums for this reason should validate my opinion. They wanted to remain an EA sanctioned fan site and had to change the rules to reflect EA's new policy.

7. Cirno

Cirno Purple Pony Princess
    Stratics Veteran Alumni

Not entirely true.
    Stratics hasn't allowed the selling of things for RL currency for a really long time, because of the Fansite agreement, but did allow the trading of accounts for gold and whatnot.
    But, that proved to be a huge can of worms. People rarely used the account trading service, and so disreputable folk would sell their accounts for gold, then in a few months reclaim them with all the new owner's stuff, and since there was no official record of the transfer EA would return the "stolen" account to the original owner.
    So being an area that resulted in a lot of trouble, and I mean a lot of trouble, it was disallowed.

8. Pink Floyd

Pink Floyd Sage
    Stratics Veteran

Today I learned something, thanks for clarifying :D I did hear from a few different sources that EA disallowed it though.

9. Cirno

Cirno Purple Pony Princess
    Stratics Veteran Alumni

From the new ToS, it seems that UO has fallen under the same umbrella as the rest of EA's MMOGs, and inherited a firm "no" to account trading. Which is why the service isn't available any more :(