1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

Can you still use parry if you only have 30 dex?

Discussion in 'UO Spellcaster' started by Tye, Jun 7, 2015.

1. Tye

Tye Sage

Im confused with parry if I should raise it from 50 on my mage one guy said you need 80 dex to use parry is this true I don't want 80 dex on my mage.

2. azmodanb

azmodanb Grand Poobah
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

Parry will still work.. But to get max block you need 80 dex ... Basically it hinders your percent to block going under.

My mage has 90 in order to be still 80 when cursed. Does make you have to get more int and mana on suit to keep ur mana pool larger... But its a trade off if you wanna be able to stand around and have warriors miss.more while you cast.

3. WhiteWitch

WhiteWitch Journeyman

At 50 dex on your mage with 120 parrying you get a 26% chance to block, at 80 dex(or more) with 120 parrying you get 35% chance to block.
    I was also told parry was no good without 80 dex, but found the calculator and it seems its just max potential with 80.

Calculator here: http://uo.stratics.com/content/skills/parrying.php

4. Lord GOD(GOD)

Lord GOD(GOD) Lore Keeper

However, one point of note... outside of group fights it isn't an issue as dexxers aren't going to be casting Curse.