1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

CANCELLED: FOUR SAFE HAVEN EVENTS! Contest details inside...

Discussion in 'UO Siege Perilous' started by Silent Singer, Apr 6, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Silent Singer

Silent Singer Lore Master

EVENT CANCELLED.

#1 Silent Singer, Apr 6, 2015
    Last edited: Apr 25, 2015
  2. Zalfein

Zalfein Journeyman
    The DarkOutlaws, TDO

I read you can't fight wearing a costume without taking a chance to break it. Can anyone confirm?

Zalfein

3. Candy Cane

Candy Cane Journeyman

Wow I love all the events, looks like this will be a busy couple of weeks on Siege. I hope one and all plan to compete and attend. I've already got my costume idea planned out.

4. Silent Singer

Zalfein, I've never heard that, but obviously relevant. Does that apply to sashes, rings, and fishing poles as well?

5. Silent Singer

Uo guide does mention the costumes that are equipped as a mask in the right hand CAN break. This is news to me, so please be warned! Have not seen anything indicating other forms of costumes are similarly breakable. Just a heads up everyone.

6. Silent Singer

7. Silent Singer

Reminder, easy costume quests in the abyss (ring and fishing pole).

Tall tale entries should be fishing related and have a link here.

Anyone can come to Coon. Please accept protection if it is offered. Grab yer gold no matter what....

All actual fish entries need details posted here but I will only need actual fish for top the at the end.

Thanks all!

8. Silent Singer

So has anyone had any luck on big fish? Anyone need mud puppies or red herrings to get a costume from the underworld quests?

9. ii ii

ii ii Adventurer
    Gilfane

ii Siege Fishing.jpg

I be ii mate and I thought i'd post my catch!

Silent Singer likes this.
  10. FrejaSP

FrejaSP Queen of The Outlaws
    Professional Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend Campaign Patron The DarkOutlaws, TDO

That's a nice one, congrats

11. Silent Singer

Nice! 165 Stones is the lead then, and a good start :)

12. Smart Guy

Smart Guy Visitor

Hi - I think I caught a bigger one!
    IQ.jpg

13. Silent Singer

The race is on :)

14. Silent Singer

Anyone have any luck over the weekend? I made a nice haul of footwear but no big fish....

15. FrejaSP

Professional Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend Campaign Patron The DarkOutlaws, TDO

I fall and hurt my butt, when I slipped in some smelling sandales Tina had left on my floor. At least I did not find crabs in my Castle this time.

16. Silent Singer

MUST. RESIST. INNUENDO!

Gah!

:)

VinnySP and Pignasty like this.
  17. Smart Guy

Smart Guy Visitor

Another good day!

IQ 182.jpg

TheDrAJ likes this.
  18. ii ii

ii ii Adventurer
    Gilfane

Dang I just caught a great one - but not good enough it seems!

ii samurai.jpg

TheDrAJ likes this.
  19. Troop_Gil

Troop_Gil Journeyman

All my big fish are rather small. :mad:

Good job to those that are catching the lunkers!

20. ii ii

ii ii Adventurer
    Gilfane

Well - Caught a big one yesterday!

ii Big Fish.jpg

21. FrejaSP

*Tina mumbles something about several 20 stones Barracuda and her largest big fish only being 139 stones*
    Great job catching this big ones

TheDrAJ likes this.
  22. Silent Singer

Nice job everyone!

23. Silent Singer

Still about a week left on the fishing and story events. Several entries on the fishing side, none for story (which is fine, just wanted non-fishers / non-fighters to have a way to participate as well). If you haven't already, do the underworld quests to get a barrerak ring so you have a costume for the street brawl.

Prizes:

Best story (If any): 200k gold
    Biggest Fish: 250k gold
    Runner up in fishing: 175k gold
    Best street fighter in costume: Shroud of the Condemned and 100k gold

Plus, we will grab all we can from Barracoon afterwards, then go blow it all at the Gilfane auction.

Good luck!

#23 Silent Singer, Apr 22, 2015
    Last edited: Apr 22, 2015
    FrejaSP likes this.
  24. Silent Singer

Oh, prizes were obviously in addition to Siege bragging rights....

25. TheDrAJ

TheDrAJ Slightly Crazed
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend Alpha and Omega

Dang - all I catch are minnows!

26. Candy Cane

Candy Cane Journeyman

Silent I put a little something in your mailbox, hope it helps with your events.

27. Silent Singer

Thanks Stormy! Prize pool for all events increased due to Stormy sweetening the pot. I've edited the pool to add an extra 400k. Good luck fishing, fibbing, and fighting all!

28. Silent Singer

Rather than deal with the shistorm that is Siege now, I have cancelled this event. Stormy, pm a time you will be online and I will return your check.

29. FrejaSP

I'm not sure I understand the reason for cancel the event, I believe you over react, but I may not know everything.

#29 FrejaSP, Apr 25, 2015
    Last edited: Apr 25, 2015
  30. GarthGrey

GarthGrey Crazed Zealot
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend GoT

10 bucks on Drama..

31. Silent Singer

Freja, the fun in Siege for me is hanging out with friends. After today I see that that term doesn't mean the same as in other places. I log on to find that I'm immediately told to pick a side in some ridiculous alliance spat, and whatever side I pick the other side will be killing me and dry looting me on site. The reason? Because some person I don't know has returned to the game and there's some history I have nothing to do with. So I go to talk in person, no pets, no aggro, and before I can get two words out I'm murdered with four of my "friends" standing there. So at least I knew they weren't kidding. I don't know who the **** Diablo is, and I don't care. I'm not getting in the middle of this ******** when spending months helping these guys any way I can doesn't even buy me the time to say one sentence from one group, and I get total silence from the other. If I'm playing solo I can do that on Legends and have a lot more fun. There is NO WAY I'm hosting an event where it is GUARANTEED that no matter what side I pick, the other side will come ruin it. No thanks.

32. FrejaSP

It do not have to go so bad. Yes Diablo is back and Yes some hate him and will target FYOU because of him. B^A choose to break the alliance, I don't think that need to be bad.
    Did FYOU say, they would destroy the event? Maybe they are just disappointed with losing their alliance friends.
    Sleep on it and see how bad it is.

33. FrejaSP

The issue here is, guild will always come before friends in PvP, that do not mean, they are not your friends now, just that they have to be loyal to a guildmember.
    When I was UDL, alot of my friends was also my enemies, it's not as bad as it sounds.

VinnySP likes this.
  34. TheDrAJ

TheDrAJ Slightly Crazed
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend Alpha and Omega

Always check out what is happening before jumping to conclusions - you might find that they will get bored and return to the rock they crawled out from under!

Anyway - sorry to see the events cancelled!

35. bla bla 12

bla bla 12 Visitor

36. Val'lyn De'ana

Val'lyn De'ana Seasoned Veteran

Hey silent, I have your suit sitting in my bank if you want it. They had it laying near your corpse so I snagged it for you.

-Val'lyn

Christina Kardos likes this.
  37. Tjalle

Tjalle Grand Inquisitor
    Professional Stratics Veteran Campaign Supporter Gilfane

https://stratics.com/community/threads/bye-diablo.320867/#post-2428646

"The fact that I wont be aiding in his return each time will prove as a good deed for all you non combatants out there."

That sentence made me chuckle.
    Every time the kiddo says "Jump", a certain person, who shall remain nameless, says "How high?".

Sorry to hear you got caught in the middle of this, Silent. There is a reason why a certain guild has a bad reputation.

VinnySP likes this.
  38. GarthGrey

GarthGrey Crazed Zealot
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend GoT

I missed the relevance of that thread, and I even participated in it, quite brilliantly I might add :p

39. FrejaSP

I still believe in the good in people, also the ones with bad rep. If Val'lyn could pick up the suit from ground, it seem to me like they looted from the body to stop it from decay and left it on ground for Silent to pick up.
    I'm sure this is a storm in a teacup and will get worked out.
    About certain person returning, I don't see a big problem in that. I do not expect anyone to trust him as he sure made his bed but on the other hand, I see no reason to punish all, who not just jump, when certain guild tell them to jump and choose side. Let each person have his own opinion. It's ok to warn perple but not to tell them to join the herd against him or the sheep dogs will get them.

Candy Cane likes this.
  40. Candy Cane

Candy Cane Journeyman

I am not going to get involved in a big drama thing. No one is right or wrong here its a matter of choice. Pick the people you want to play with or who you play with most. Don't let what anyone else says
    Well said.

41. Lore Denin (GL)

Stratics Veteran

Not sure I agree, it doesn't seem Silent had much of a choice at all.

I doubt he minds getting killed, we all play siege after all, its the betrayal he is feeling from people he thought were his friends or maybe more accurately "people whom he believed friendship meant a little more".

I've sent ambassadors to almost all guilds on shard, and never once attempted contact with FYOU. They are a red pk guild, This is who they are, this is what they gather together to do - there would have been no point. I support the Siege ruleset and that gives guilds like FYOU this a place to exist. I have no problem with it. It adds an element to UO missing on most shards.

The difference here is most of the people on siege have worked with "FYOU" type guilds before and understand that things can change quickly, personal friendships will not "protect you" when guild alliances break. We often forget that people new to Siege will be caught off guard and became their victim like any no green.

Hopefully FYOU can contain themselves and not go out of their to ruin Silent's events. The events are in Safe Haven and from what I have come to understand, FYOU will generally respect Safe Haven Rules. Freja is probably your best resource and though you may be enemies with FYOU, Its still possible to worked things out so you can host the event and people from the shard can attend.

-Lore

VinnySP, Val'lyn De'ana and FrejaSP like this.
  42. kelmo

kelmo Old and in the way
    Professional Stratics Veteran Alumni Dread Lord

All bets are off if Diablo is involved. *shakes head*

TheDrAJ and Igg A Pie like this.
  43. Bo Bo

Bo Bo Lore Keeper
    Stratics Veteran

You are so wrong with this statement. Just because someone is red and enjoys killing others doesnt make them a bad person, or untrustworthy. Now fyou is a special case and anyone dealing with them should have known better, plain and simple. It was his choice to join them with there less than stellar history.

44. Marisa Kirisame

Marisa Kirisame Seasoned Veteran

They have the best tag around though.

45. Candy Cane

Candy Cane Journeyman

None of us had a choice in what happened between the guilds. I will say it again you have to choose what seems best for you not what anyone else thinks is best. If you want to believe everyone who runs an fyou tag is bad, your opinion. I happen to feel different. I will be proud to run the fyou tag. You will either like me and trust me or you won't again it will be your choice and opinion. I will always be the same person no matter what tag I run.

FrejaSP likes this.
  46. Marisa Kirisame

I like your tag, it's fun)
    And about untrustworthness most of us don't know what exactly has Diablo done to earn it simply because we're too new to the shard.

47. Tjalle

Tjalle Grand Inquisitor
    Professional Stratics Veteran Campaign Supporter Gilfane

We shall revisit this statement in six months...

TheDrAJ likes this.
  48. Candy Cane

Candy Cane Journeyman

So you are all so narrow minded you will judge us all by one persons actions. I guess then I am better off not knowing any of you. Wow, maybe what some say about Siege is right you all hold grudges a long time. I will hope because thats the way I am that you will find it in your hearts to judge me by my actions and not those you think I might be making because of what someone else did however long ago it was. I have gotten to know the people who run the fyou tag and find them to be fun, trustworthy and I like them. I don't know D but so far he has not done anything to make me see the evil monster you all think he is. Trust me I have already told him if I see or hear of him being the kind of person he was in the past I will be the first to ask him to leave or leave myself. If you guys don't want to give him a second chance thats your personal opinion. I still think people should be given the benefit of the doubt and so far I see no reason not to give D that same consideration.

I was brought up different I guess than most of you, I don't make my opinions on someone by what someone else says I make them on what that person shows me. If you want to base your opinion on what tag I carry I feel very sorry for you, because I think you are losing out on making a very good friend.

Tarquinn and FrejaSP like this.
  49. FrejaSP

Don't worry Stormy, not all onb Siege are following the herd, we are some, who won't let anyone tell us who to play with and who not to play with. I know, there are alot great guys in FYOU as well as in other guilds. TDO won't pick side in this drama. My members may have their opinion, I don't tell them who to like and who not to like.
    So far, we had good and honorable fights with FYOU in VvV towns

Candy Cane likes this.
  50. Marisa Kirisame

Again, their tag is the coolest tag around here)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.