1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

Cancelling my UO account

Discussion in 'UHall' started by Yenji Yasagari, Feb 25, 2012.

1. Yenji Yasagari

Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

I cannot seem to figure out how to cancel an account due to there being NO unsubscribe button on this new EA page. How does one unsubscribe an account?

2. A Thought Elemental

A Thought Elemental Journeyman

It's a large red button toward the bottom right of the page right after you log in.

3. Yenji Yasagari

Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

You see I'd assumed this, I've disected this entire website section to no avail. Worst thing they ever did was turning over to this new system, actually have to send in a ticket to cancel my damn account. EA customer support at its finest.

4. Nitewalkr

Nitewalkr Guest

Maybe your not allowed to cancel haha.

I just logged in and checked. Its there for me. Your on eamythic accounts page correct?

5. Nylan

Nylan Adventurer
    Stratics Veteran

All of my accounts that that auto renew have a cancel button.
    The ones that are not set up to auto renew or have already been canceled do not.

6. Deaol

Deaol Certifiable
    Stratics Veteran Campaign Supporter

When you logged into your bioware/mythic account management page its pretty simple, if you have more than one account linked to your master select the account your wanting to cancel first from the drop down box at the top. Than simply scroll to the bottom and select the "red" box to the right that says cancel.

7. Ron Silverbeard

Ron Silverbeard Certifiable
    Stratics Veteran Alumni

Sorry to see you leave :(
    but....can i have your stuff?

br
    Don

*Pacific - got lewt?*

8. pgib

pgib Guest

I have a related question: how do I cancel what looks to be an automatic renewal of my subscription? I have to pack stuff in bank and beetles before to leave.

If i choose "cancel" the next page sounds like "we're going to instantly nuke away your data" but i need some time to salute my dragons.

9. Nitewalkr

Nitewalkr Guest

I'm not 100% sure but I think yet to play out the remainder of the paid month.

10. Viper09

Viper09 Grand Poobah
    Stratics Veteran

Huh? Is your question asking will it instantly cancel any remaining time? If so the answer is no. When you cancel an account it runs until the last day you payed for. No time forfeiture.

I know this from personal experience.

11. Vlaude

Vlaude Lore Keeper
    Stratics Veteran Alumni Stratics Legend

For those who weren't aware EA was recently the subject of controversy for "accidentally" removing the cancel subscription button for some people who were trying to quit SWTOR: SWTOR unsubscribe option goes missing for some [Updated] | Massively

The issue was only found on certain browsers. So I am interested if maybe the same error has occurred for people cancelling other subscriptions as well. Have you figured it out OP, or is it still unavailable? Are any others having the same issue? What browsers are you using?