1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

Cancer Sucks

Discussion in 'UO Origin' started by Michael Wolf, Jul 16, 2009.

1. Michael Wolf

Michael Wolf Guest

Just to inform you guys why I haven't been around, haven't post the News of the last EM event, and have just not been posting.

About 3 months ago my Mom was diagnosed with cancer. She made it through 3 chemo treatments and the tumor was gone, everyone was hopeful. Two days after that test she collapsed, no feeling in her legs. The tumor was gone but the cancer had spread to her spine. They tried one radiation treatment but it just moved it further up her spine. Last Friday afternoon they told her there was nothing they could do but make her comfortable and try to manage her pain. She fell asleep at about 3:00 pm due to heavy narcotics, and passed away just past midnight Sat morning.

I had a good healthy relationship with my mother, so there are no regrets. Nothing I wished I had said or heard. She lived a reasonably long and happy life. I'm glad she's not suffering anymore.

That said, I encourage everyone to make peace with everyone that is important to them, you never know if you'll ever see them again. Losing a loved one is never easy, but knowing we had a great relationship and had said all the important things to each other made it just a little bit easier.

Peace.

2. Yellow Beard

Stratics Veteran

My condolences Michael
    blessed be.

3. The brat and I send our heartfelt condolences to you my friend.:(:( We both were lucky in that we have had parents survive cancer but everyone should remember that parents will only be with us a short time on this mortal coil. So always take the time to tell them you love them and keep them in your hearts.

4. Michael i lost my father in jan and feel your pain you will be in our prayers and thoughts

5. Michael, I am sorry for your loss. My thoughts and prayers are with you and your family.

6. gunneroforgin

gunneroforgin Slightly Crazed
    Stratics Veteran

Noboby should have to loose a parent. Both of mine died within a week of each other. I am sorry for your loss. I am greiving with you.

7. My condolences for your loss.
    my mom had breast cancer 2 yrs ago and luckily she beat it BUT... i remember how i felt then .....and i truly wish you and your family all the best!!

8. Latobian

Latobian Certifiable
    Stratics Veteran

I'm sorry to hear of your loss Michael. It's great you had a close relationship prior to her passing and good memories in turn. My sympathies go out to you and your familiy.

9. CassieDarksong

CassieDarksong Babbling Loonie
    Stratics Veteran

*offers huge bear hugs* I know what you're going through hun, just was there myself in April. If you need to talk, just message me.

10. Sara Of Baja

Sara Of Baja Certifiable
    Stratics Veteran

My deepest condolences, Michael.

My mother was just diagnosed with cancer, so I, too, have not been around much. She had surgery July 1, and has had a couple of set backs since the surgery ... She's home now, and we're on a wait and see what the next step will be pattern.

11. wanderer1origin

wanderer1origin Lore Master
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

ouch sorry to hear about, yes cancer sucks!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

12. Flora Green

Flora Green Guest

Very sorry for your loss, Michael. Yours as well, Arnie. May you have happier days ahead and the memories of your mother always remain with you. *hugs*

13. Michael Wolf

Michael Wolf Guest

Thank you all for your kind words and thoughts. My sincerest condolences to all have gone through anything simlar.

14. My condolences to your and your family. You will be in my thoughts and prayers.

15. Viquire

Viquire Crazed Zealot
    Stratics Veteran

Michael, I'm so damned sorry to have checked back so infrequently and to be so late in posting my condolences.

You and your family have my prayers and kind wishes during a difficult time.

Remember to take good care of yourself, please, for all of us, and others whom are close to you. The world is a better place with you in it.

KK

16. proctor

proctor Adventurer
    Stratics Veteran

My Grandpa just past from cancer in May so I know what your going through.
    you will be in my htoughts and prayrs.

17. TimberWolf

TimberWolf Babbling Loonie
    Stratics Veteran Alumni

Wises words...thank you for your advice!

My condolences Sir