1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

Cannot Login with Classic Client

Discussion in 'UHall' started by Fernadious, Jul 22, 2010.

1. Fernadious

Fernadious Journeyman
    Stratics Veteran

Hey, anyone else having trouble loggin with the classic client. I tried with the enhanced client and works fine. I reinstalled classic client to no avail. Any ideas to what's going on??

The problem appeared after the datacenter update i think :(

2. Warsong of LS

Warsong of LS Seasoned Veteran
    Stratics Veteran

No problems with log in with classic client

3. sablestorm

sablestorm Certifiable
    Stratics Veteran

I haven't had any problems. Did you get any other updates in this span, like firewall or virus protection automatic updates which might be causing this?

4. Fernadious

Fernadious Journeyman
    Stratics Veteran

Nah, not really. Its really strange since EC connects just fine. EC uses the same login server i assume...

5. Fernadious

Fernadious Journeyman
    Stratics Veteran

I even reinstalled the classic client yesterday with the updated installer from uo.com. Did not work either. Only strange thing is that now the client instead of patch 95 that my old client used to say, now writes patch 24..., same version though ...7.0.7.3

6. Petra Fyde

Petra Fyde Peerless Chatterbox
    Stratics Veteran Alumni Stratics Legend

That just means you've a newer install which didn't need as many patches to bring it upto date.
    Can you give more detail of what happens when you try to log in? How far do you get and what message, if any?
    What OS do you use? If Vista or Win 7, have you set it 'administrator'? Is it in 'compatibility mode' for win XP?

7. Fernadious

Fernadious Journeyman
    Stratics Veteran

Sorry :) you got a point Petra :)

Win XP SP3 i am using.
    I enter credentials of accnt and hit connect and all i get with the classic client is "Could not connect to Ultima Online Servers. Please try again later." or something similar.

UO client is setted in the built-in firewall.

With netstat i observed that client tries to connect to login.owo.com but i think there is no reply back..

8. Petra Fyde

oki, more questions.
    Did you fully uninstall or did you install over? Have you used the client to connect to a non-EA server?

9. Fernadious

Fernadious Journeyman
    Stratics Veteran

Yeah full uninstall / install. OSI shards yes. Was working fine till the datacenter update :(

10. Petra Fyde

I'm out. I have nothing else useful to offer :(, I'm sorry. I know that connecting to other shards somehow changes one of the files, though I don't know the details because I've never done it. Only that it can cause problems when returning to EA.
    I am connecting to CC fine and have had no problems.

11. Fernadious

Fernadious Journeyman
    Stratics Veteran

Yeah me neither ever tried non-OSI shards, stayed faithful. Well i guess now is a good time to start using EC that i haven't used since KR client and try to get accustomed to it :)

Thanks for your time Petra.

12. Tanivar

Tanivar Crazed Zealot
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

Hopefully you can like the EC. The User Interface is a big part of whether or not a game is fun to play, and the EC just doesn't do it for me. If it was my only option to play the game, I'd be giving up UO.

Try posting your problem in UOTech and see if someone there has had it.

13. NBG

NBG Lore Master
    Stratics Veteran

Check your login.cfg and see if its pointing to the UO login server. You can find this file in your UO program file folder under EA.

I doubt the above is the issue, since you said you were able to patch, but it never hurts to double check.

It also could be that for some reason the classic client is being blocked from connecting.