1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

Cannot patch CC

Discussion in 'UO Resources' started by Thrakkar, Aug 31, 2012.

1. Thrakkar

Thrakkar Slightly Crazed
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

I already patched the EC, worked like a charm. But the CC gives me troubles.

When starting UOPatch.exe, the UI doesn't respond for a few seconds. Then I get the following message:

The last time I had an active account (about 6-8 months ago), the client worked. Since I didn't uninstall/reinstall the client in the meantime, this should work. Or maybe just the IP of the patch server has changed?

2. Petra Fyde

Petra Fyde Peerless Chatterbox
    Stratics Veteran Alumni Stratics Legend

Does your 2D client use the new patcher or is it still using the old screen?

3. Thrakkar

Thrakkar Slightly Crazed

Here's a screenshot of my patcher. Doesn't look that fancy, so it's probably an old one...

Attached Files:

4. Petra Fyde

Petra Fyde Peerless Chatterbox
    Stratics Veteran Alumni Stratics Legend

k, a few months ago they updated the patching system, it now works like EC, your files are checked each time you log in and it only patches those it needs. However, anyone who missed the publish that did this seems to have major problems getting from the old patcher to the new one. Best I can suggest is copy your desktop somewhere safe, uninstall, download the new installer Ultima Online Client Downloads | Mythic Entertainment | Ultima Online and re-install. It will take a while though :(

5. Thrakkar

Thrakkar Slightly Crazed

Doh! But thanks for the quick answer :)

Btw, a reinstall of the new setup provided from your link fixed the problem.

#5 Thrakkar, Aug 31, 2012
    Last edited: Sep 1, 2012
  6. Lord Obsidian

Lord Obsidian Journeyman
    Professional Stratics Veteran Campaign Benefactor

Just found a workaround for this. I know it's a "too late solution" for the OP, but eventually it might help someone else...

This does only apply if you have an old CC install which has been last patched before march 12 2012, (version < 7.0.24.2) and cannot be patched any further due to the error described above.
    (should be like a last resort - a fresh install is always preferable!)

Edit the file "vercfg.cfg" in your UO game directory with notepad / editor and replace line 4:

compassion.owo.com 8888

with this:

patch.uo.eamythic.com 8888

This is what the first 5 lines should look like after the edit:
    Code:
    patch\
    patch.uo.eamythic.com 8888

leave the remaining part of the file untouched.

Good luck... if it works, only 750+ MB to go! ;)