1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

Cannot teleport to that spot

Discussion in 'UHall' started by Llewen, Jan 26, 2010.

1. Llewen

Llewen Grand Inquisitor
    Professional Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend Campaign Supporter

This is the second time I've been killed by someone that pinned me up against a house wall with an energy field, and I was unable to teleport out of the spot. Can someone please tell me what is going on?

My teleport macro works. I know it does, I've tested it. But in both of these situations I got the cursor, then I got the "Cannot teleport to that spot" and of course I was cooked because this character is a dexxer, and I need to be able to close to have any chance.

2. falseprophet

falseprophet Lore Master
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

only thing i can think of is you were trying to teleport to a spot too close to the house. I have always had to target a spot at least 4 tiles away from a house foundation. If this isn't the case, it may be a bug that just popped up.

3. Llewen

Llewen Grand Inquisitor

I'm thinking I was targeting too close to a house... Well, next time...

4. R Traveler

R Traveler Babbling Loonie
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

Use context menu on yourself "leave house"

5. Petra Fyde

Petra Fyde Peerless Chatterbox
    Stratics Veteran Alumni Stratics Legend

How would that help? He wasn't IN the house? does it work when you're against an outside wall?

6. Restroom Cowboy

Restroom Cowboy Visitor

Nope...stuck like chuck.

7. Harlequin

Harlequin Babbling Loonie
    Stratics Veteran

Uneven ground sometimes block you too, if the elevation difference is to high. And corpses. And objects that look as if it is on different tile, but is actually on your target tile. And as long as the server thinks your LOS to the tile is blocked.

Shadowjump is even more sensitive.

Btw, how did he trap you? Did he use 2 efields or 1? Were you trapped btwn 1 wall and the porch stairs by a 45 degree efield?

Would smoke bombs (non ninjas idk, maybe use invis pots) help to buy time? Hopefully he panics and waste time to reveal you instead of using AOE attacks.

8. Phaen Grey

Phaen Grey Lore Master
    Stratics Veteran

There was a time you couldn't recall or gate onto a tile that was right along a house foundation, I would assume that is whats blocking teleporting. If there is room you need to teleport away from the house instead of to a spot alongside it.

9. Llewen

Llewen Grand Inquisitor

He's good. He caught me between a tree and the house. I guess another thing that confuses me. I can never teleport when I am stuck between two houses, but I've seen other people do it. How do they manage to do that?

10. Lynk

Lynk Grand Poobah
    Stratics Veteran

make a key so you can toggle circle of transparency.

That usually lets you see a tile that would be the 5th tile from the house. Just takes some getting used to.

If there are no tiles to tele, this also lets you see the efield to get a dispel field on it.

11. Coragin

Coragin Guest

Stop pvping at yew moongate?

12. Llewen

Llewen Grand Inquisitor

Two responses to that:

1) In case you hadn't noticed, Yew gate isn't the only location in Fel with player housing.

2) What business is it of yours whether I, or anyone else pvp's at Yew gate? If you don't want to, don't, but I'm certainly not going to let yours, or anyone else's, opinion stop me from doing that, if that's what I want to do.

And in case I'm not quite "hardcore" enough for you, at this very minute I have a character working away at a forge in a full loot, wide open pvp game. Yes, that's right, absolutely no insurance, and anyone can loot everything you are wearing or carrying without any penalties whatsoever. If you die, there is a good chance you will lose everything. So kindly save your condescension for a more worthy opponent... ;)

13. Harlequin

Harlequin Babbling Loonie
    Stratics Veteran

Wow, not easy to pull off. Did it seem like he intentionally lured you to that spot? Could have taken advantage of your lacking a ranged attack to set you up for a trap.

14. Llewen

Llewen Grand Inquisitor

Yes, that's exactly what he did. As I said, he's good. After some sober second thought, I'm thinking I just didn't target an area far enough away from the house... Anyway, live and learn...

15. Damien Softstep

Damien Softstep Visitor

Siege Perilous?

16. Llewen

Llewen Grand Inquisitor

No "Siege blessed" items either, so no, not Siege Perilous. And you don't get flagged for looting corpses period. It makes Siege Perilous look a bit less than "perilous" by comparison... ;)