1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

[BUG] Can't chat. Says Spam Detected

Discussion in 'UO Enhanced Client Discussion' started by Hildebrand, Feb 3, 2010.

1. Hildebrand

Hildebrand Certifiable
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

Ever since this last patch, I can't chat more than one line of text at a time. Keeps saying Spam Detected... something about a queing. Then I have to wait. Party chat works normally.
    Does this even with no skins and after restart.
    Anyone else?

2. Adol

Adol Certifiable

This has got me too; I'm using the basic Enhanced, no skins, but on the third or so press of my "Claim The Bank Guards Pay" macro, as I was bringing out pets, feeding them to see if they bonded, and putting them back it said I was spamming... and now I'm getting queued for every comment, effectively rendering me unable to play as I can't juggle my pets, or even put them back!

Edit: I relogged and on the second try, I got caught just typing two sentences in Guild chat... this is most frustrating, as a tamer I can't control my pets as the macros for All Kill get caught by the spam filter :(

3. helenaa

helenaa Adventurer
    Stratics Veteran

I can't play either with the new client

how can they not replicate this bug?

just say "all follow me" 3 times (even if it is delayed) and they will see

or releasing, securing, or ANYTHING that involves chat

most frustrating...i can't remember how to play the old client and i don't really want to either.

4. Mapper

Mapper Crazed Zealot
    Stratics Veteran Alumni Stratics Legend

I haven't been able to replicate this bug. :(

I've said several things multiple times with no issues.

[​IMG]

5. Storm

Storm UO Forum Moderator
    Moderator Professional Premium Wiki Moderator Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

I cant reproduce it either !

6. Sturdy

Sturdy Guest

I have same problem. Came up last night chatting and today moving plants around. I had to store plant in a box and give up on it.

EC Copper Enhanced.

Really bad bug.

7. Bersi

Bersi Guest

Same problem. If you want to reproduce the bug try sending complete sentences, not the single words. Like: "Hello my dear friends!", "How are you today eh?", "I'm alright thank thee.". Spam filter will eventually block you after a couple of sentences.

8. Adol

Adol Certifiable

As soon as I logged in it caught me again; Admittedly I had to go around the patcher to get in, because it didn't show up visibly, and has to be cancelled via Task Manager, so this is launching straight from UO.exe.... and this is me typing test sentences that are longer than 1 second to type, and then once the spam filter starts kicking in, just saying "Stable" every 20 seconds or so, trying to get fed pets back inside once more...

[​IMG]

9. helenaa

helenaa Adventurer
    Stratics Veteran

info for devs:

using spells does not cause any spam problems
    but once you type a sentence more than twice or the sentence is similar (so after the 3rd time) you get into the "spam mode" and after that you are marked for spamming for almost everything you type, whether it's slow or not, even in guild chat.

perhaps (with the last update) a programmer forgot to reset a certain variable, because once you get the "spam detected" message the only way to get out of "spammer mode" is to relog but even then it will kick in quicker than if you hadn't logged in for a while.

also it doesn't matter if there is a long delay between using the macro's. It also doesn't matter if you use a macro to say the sentence or if you type it yourself.

and what bersi said: only if you use a sentence that is the same or similar more than twice. Even if you say something else in between.

ie. i made a typo while testing

i wish to releas this
    i wish to release this
    i wish to release this -> spam detected

another example:

hoi wei woei wosks dksl
    ajo gmme wee ffio
    slkal ewowei woei
    woei las dksl -> spam detected (woei used for 3rd time)

ps: just in case you wonder is this swedish or polish? no it's just keyboard spam :p

10. helenaa

helenaa Adventurer
    Stratics Veteran

ahh all good now :)

thanks for the quick fix.

11. Storm

Storm UO Forum Moderator
    Moderator Professional Premium Wiki Moderator Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

Bteng_mythic posted this in ask the devs

If your Enhanced Client is patched up to version 4.0.5.1, this should no longer be happening.