1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

Cant choose stealth as a starting skill?

Discussion in 'UO Players Corner' started by imported_xStrikerx, Apr 10, 2008.

1. Why cant you choose stealth under the advanced option of new character setup? Picture says it all.

[​IMG]

2. Why cant you choose stealth under the advanced option of new character setup? Picture says it all.

[​IMG]

3. Frarc

Frarc Stratics Legend
    Stratics Veteran Alumni Stratics Legend

I think it was because you need 30 hiding before you can train stealth.

4. Frarc

Frarc Stratics Legend

I think it was because you need 30 hiding before you can train stealth.

5. Prudentis

Prudentis Guest

Never tried it, but since you need a hiding skill of 50 to train in stealth, you might want to try this.
    Try choosing a hiding skill of 50 and than stealth.

EDIT: Or 30 like Frarc said. I don't have a stealther, so he will probably be right [​IMG]

6. Prudentis

Prudentis Guest

Never tried it, but since you need a hiding skill of 50 to train in stealth, you might want to try this.
    Try choosing a hiding skill of 50 and than stealth.

EDIT: Or 30 like Frarc said. I don't have a stealther, so he will probably be right [​IMG]

7. Trukx

Trukx Guest

Cant start w/ it or with Remove Trap (as you also need a base in detect hidden before you can train it).

8. Trukx

Trukx Guest

Cant start w/ it or with Remove Trap (as you also need a base in detect hidden before you can train it).

9. Basara

Basara UO Forum Moderator
    Moderator Professional Governor Wiki Moderator Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend Campaign Supporter

You know, with the introduction of New Haven, I don't see why anyone would even bother with a custom character anymore, except for tamers and bards.

Hiding and Stealth can be bought and/or quick-trained to the "custom" levels in New Haven, and it would be better IMO to pick the standard character type closest to the other skills you'll want on the character, then get the Hiding & Stealth quests at the place where Ninjitsu & Tracking also have quests.

10. Basara

Basara UO Forum Moderator
    Moderator Professional Governor Wiki Moderator Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend Campaign Supporter

You know, with the introduction of New Haven, I don't see why anyone would even bother with a custom character anymore, except for tamers and bards.

Hiding and Stealth can be bought and/or quick-trained to the "custom" levels in New Haven, and it would be better IMO to pick the standard character type closest to the other skills you'll want on the character, then get the Hiding & Stealth quests at the place where Ninjitsu & Tracking also have quests.

11. Trukx

Trukx Guest

12. Trukx

Trukx Guest

13. Frarc

Frarc Stratics Legend

And the updated guide on UO.com says its 30 hiding.

http://guide.uo.com/skill_48.html

And of course i tested it on TC and you can stealth with 30 hiding.

They changed it because humans have 30 in all skills and they can learn stealth right away even when there hiding shows 0.

14. Frarc

Frarc Stratics Legend

And the updated guide on UO.com says its 30 hiding.

http://guide.uo.com/skill_48.html

And of course i tested it on TC and you can stealth with 30 hiding.

They changed it because humans have 30 in all skills and they can learn stealth right away even when there hiding shows 0.

15. Frarc

Frarc Stratics Legend

Yup its 20 in all skills for humans..... not 30 like i posted before.Thats what happend when you post at 5 am in the morning! [​IMG]

But the 30 hiding is right for starting stealth. [​IMG]

16. Frarc

Frarc Stratics Legend

Yup its 20 in all skills for humans..... not 30 like i posted before.Thats what happend when you post at 5 am in the morning! [​IMG]

But the 30 hiding is right for starting stealth. [​IMG]