1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

Can't Create New Characters

Discussion in 'UHall' started by Tinsil, Jul 10, 2011.

1. Tinsil

Tinsil Guest

As of this patch, just tried today, can't create new characters. Broken for me and at least two others.

Sometimes when creating it will say this character already exists, logging into that character, but doesn't work. The rest of the time it just freezes.

How does this even happen?

Edit: My other account can create, this one I just xferred the 5th char slot off from the shard Im trying to create on to another the other day. Maybe transfers are bugged somehow with creating new characters? We all share that same thing in common actually, xferring off the shard recently and being unable to create new characters now. Still really stupid.

2. Balinor of Pk?

Stratics Veteran

And um, I tried to create a character today and one of mine was deleted from my list of chars to log into from ATL... Not good. i've got a page in now for it. Ugh.

3. Tinsil

Tinsil Guest

Ok it's actually broke on my 2nd account too. Same thing now.

4. Balinor of Pk?

Stratics Veteran

Edit: Gm appeared. Trying to help now. Ugh.

5. lucitus

lucitus UOEC Modder
    Stratics Veteran

Which client you use? The character creation of 2d was changed this patch maybe it is a problem with that and again working after the patch goes live.

6. Sevin0oo0

Sevin0oo0 Guest

must be fixed, eh? just tried on Oceania, worked fine - 2d

7. Tinsil

Tinsil Guest

Idk I did get it to go through after trying about 30 times. There's definitely some bug.

And yes I do use 2d.

Edit: Nah not fixed. On my second account still giving me same message.. That character already exists, entering britannia with that character, but it doesn't do anything.

8. Tazar

Tazar Guest

I created 3 on another shard to test... all 3 in the classic client and all 3 created on the first attempt. But I did not take a 4th skill on any of them.

9. Lady Storm

Lady Storm Crazed Zealot
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

Yesterday on Siege droped one character and made new one, all four slots and all was fine.

Might be a new bug in the system... houses and other things of late are disapearing...

perhaps a tear in the uo universe has finally happened...

10. Tinsil

Tinsil Guest

I was only trying to take the 3 skills on mine as well. Still doing the same thing. Apparently it's not JUST me if I know a couple people who have the issue, and Balinor posted here saying the same thing. Tazar told me through ICQ that a friend of his has the same issue as well.

"This character already exists. Entering Britannia with that character."

11. Barok

Barok Grand Inquisitor

Are you trying to create the character with the same name as the one you xfered? Or a completely new name?

12. Tinsil

Tinsil Guest

Completely different names. I've tried everything.

The second account didn't even have a character xferred and it doesn't work.

13. Barok

Barok Grand Inquisitor

I just created 2 characters on TC1, one with classic, one with enhanced, no problems.

14. Tinsil

Tinsil Guest

Don't know what to say then other than it's confirmed it's not working for at least some people.

15. G.v.P

G.v.P Stratics Legend

By delete, do you mean delete?! Damn.

Sounds like people having problems are trying to create char on shard w/ chars on it, maybe TC1 isn't best place to test, if creating chars on blank canvas?

Hm. Sounds like a crappy bug. I was looking forward to creating chars in 2D w/ more skill instead of having to use EC every time.

16. Tinsil

Tinsil Guest

Yeah the error message would make me think to try to a shard where you have some chars already on it.. it implies somehow it thinks a char is there?

No idea. Hope this is fixed soon though.

17. Theo_GL

Theo_GL Grand Poobah

Created new character on Asuka today. No problems. Had 3 chars there in the past - now have 4. 2d Client

Hello Asuka!

18. Aurelius

Aurelius Babbling Loonie

Never transferred any characters anywhere, was just creating a fourth on Atlantic (only have three there so far on that account). Using classic client, gave it a unique name, chose skills, selected New Haven to begin in, and...

"This character already exists. Entering Britannia with that character."

And then, of course, nothing happens since there's no such character - not had any 'deleted' by this problem, but I now don't want to even try creating any until I know it's sorted out.

19. Lorddog

Lorddog Crazed Zealot

is that name unique to ALL shards?
    perhaps it is checking against another shard and when it logs you in nothing shows cuz your char is on another shard.

this other shard is on same server or different server? i am not sure which shards are grouped together onto same server.

2 things that might be causing this on backend.
    1) creating char is not matching "name" correctly to be unique on shard so it is cross matching "name" + shard and mixing them

2) db primary key creation is perhaps being duplicated because of different servers. thus creating a char with primary key (database term) is matching a primary key of someone else - perhaps it errors internally and only puts you half way in.

anyhow hope they find it and fix it.

20. Aurelius

Aurelius Babbling Loonie

Yes, on that account.

21. Longstrike

Longstrike Guest

I can't do this either. I sent a message into customer service but no reply.

22. Aurelius

Aurelius Babbling Loonie

Repeated the character creation process, same shard, same account, same character name, but this time using the Enhanced Client - and it worked.

I'm becoming more convinced something's been broken in the changes to character creation in Classic.

23. Supreem

Supreem Founder, Citadel Studios
    VIP Stratics Veteran

This should be resolved now. Sorry for the inconvenience.

24. Aurelius

Aurelius Babbling Loonie

Excellent news! Thank you.

25. Tinsil

Tinsil Guest

Thank you very much!!

26. Roland'

Roland' Lore Keeper
    Stratics Veteran

27. G.v.P

G.v.P Stratics Legend

Hmm...yes, but, this topic isn't about reds deleting chars on purpose. 'Bout a potential bug in the 2D client.