1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

Can't demolish house?

Discussion in 'UO Homes and Castles' started by Frodo Baggins, Feb 6, 2012.

1. Frodo Baggins

Frodo Baggins Journeyman
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

So I tried to demolish my house before I placed a new one but the button is not there? Placed the new one and the old one is now condemned - but still can't demolish it - anyone know why??

2. EvilPixieWorks

EvilPixieWorks Lore Keeper
    Stratics Veteran

That’s very odd my friend.

I just checked my own house, that has been in place for a very long time... and it's very full of this and that’s... and all kinds of special containers... and the button is right where it should be. Under ownership. You have “trade a house” and demolish. First idea is to make sure you are looking in the right part of the menu and then make sure you are using the right account that owns the house. hehe. I know it sounds funny... but it's like why isn't my toaster working? Is the unit plugged in?... is the first question. :)

3. Frodo Baggins

Frodo Baggins Journeyman

The trade house button is there and lit up - the demolish button is there but greyed out - weird...

4. DevilsOwn

DevilsOwn Stratics Legend
    Governor Stratics Veteran Alumni Stratics Legend

I'm thinking about that totally silly thing that will only allow the person that placed the add-on in a house take it down again.... did you try logging in with each of your characters to see if any of them see the button lit?

5. Petra Fyde

Petra Fyde Peerless Chatterbox
    Stratics Veteran Alumni Stratics Legend

The only time I came across this there turned out to be something in the moving crate.

6. EvilPixieWorks

EvilPixieWorks Lore Keeper
    Stratics Veteran

Could be that’s one of the rule changes we didn’t hear anything about before. It's a good idea to look into. Another thing... vendors, rented out. When I checked my own house, it has 2 storage vendors... and yet I still had the option at least “look like” it could be done. When I checked a mall’s menu, it was grayed out... and it could be rented vendors in that case.

I know that stuff in the moving crate, when the house fell, is how we got the gold boxes. I don’t know if we still get them. At least, I don’t think we still get them... but I’m not an IDOC camper. hehe.

Please FB... let us know. :)

Otherwise... I guess it may be fruitless... page a GM and see if you can get an actual answer.

7. Frodo Baggins

Frodo Baggins Journeyman

So it was , what looked like, vendor clothes in the moving crate - it was a traditional home - never been altered and to my knowledge (I placed it and never let vendors on it) - so I am not sure why or how the stuff got there
    Oh well - gone now and now I am decorating the new home!

Thanks for the help!