1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice
  3. The Broadsword team is seeking alternative castle designs! Learn more and discuss here!
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Publish 97 is currently on TC1! They are currently focusing on the training aspect of the pet revamp. Head to TC1 and send in your feedback or discuss here!
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Broadsword is hosting a 20th Anniversary Party for UO this September! Learn more here. Will you be there, Guest?
    Dismiss Notice
  6. A new State of Stratics is up. Check it out here!
    Dismiss Notice

Can't Enter House

Discussion in 'UHall' started by Katrena, Feb 22, 2011.

1. Katrena

Katrena Sage
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

Hi,

A couple times today, I recalled to my house with the owner and was unable to enter. It was just like trying to enter someones house that is private. I recalled away and back again and it would let me enter like normal. At the two times this happened today, I was also unable to enter a house that I am co owner on. Has this ever happened to anyone else and is there a specific cause for this? My house is a Keep and the other house is an 18x18 custom. The two accounts are 9 and 10 years old and I don't remember this ever happening before.

Thanks, Katrena

2. Nexus

Nexus Site Support
    Administrator Moderator Professional Governor Stratics Veteran Wiki Moderator Stratics Legend

You weren't PvP flagged were you? If you are PvP flagged you can't enter a house...

3. Katrena

Katrena Sage

Hi,

The only common factor I can think of, that I was doing both times when I was locked out, was fighting sphinx for gold. I fight them all of the time though, and have not had this happen in the past. I also killed a serpant just before I tried to go inside the first time it happened. I have always used the classic client and Windows 7 currently.

Thanks, Katrena

4. Nails

Nails Journeyman

it is a wierd bug that happens rarely. fighting a monster can get u flagged and u have to wait until u are unflagged to enter your home. i have had it happen in both tram and fel housing and/or monster encounters and people

5. DevilsOwn

DevilsOwn Stratics Legend
    Governor Stratics Veteran Alumni Stratics Legend

a few days ago Uriah recalled to the castle and was unable to enter, but he could enter just a few tiles over.... thru the wall, yes.... very odd

he had not been shard hopping or anything that would cause the housing to overlap like it sometimes does

6. Bethany_lg

Bethany_lg Journeyman
    Stratics Veteran

This happens to me quite often...usually after contact with beasties. I usually recall away or wait a couple mins and it lets me in.

7. Katrena

Katrena Sage

Hi,

Is there any message or status bar color change when this happens? When this happened to me, it caught me off guard, so I didn't really look for a message or change in status bar color. If I click on the house sign when I'm locked out, it looks like any other house that is set to private.

DevilsOwn, If I walked through my wall, I think that would really freak me out.

Thanks, Katrena

8. Lord X

Lord X Sage
    Stratics Veteran

Try closing your paperdoll and re-opening it as well. Sometimes you are a tile off and that will reset you.

9. Flutter

Flutter Always Present
    Stratics Veteran Alumni Stratics Legend

Had that problem twice yesterday.
    I hadn't flagged on anyone, although someone had flagged on me. I was able to recall so I know I wasn't flagged, just couldn't enter my castle.

10. Uriah Heep

Uriah Heep Grand Inquisitor
    Stratics Veteran Alumni

I'm thinkin' the locks were changed...:mf_prop: