1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice
  3. Greetings Guest! Tonights Maintenance is complete and the Stratics Community Wiki is now live. Please see this thread for more details.
    Dismiss Notice

Can't get beta to work, going insane...

Discussion in 'Beta Testing Archive' started by Shinobi, Sep 26, 2010.

1. Shinobi

Shinobi Guest

I downloaded the 2 files, and it wouldn't work. Thinking that i need to move the files into the UO folder, i did. Still won't work, and now i can't delete them from the folder...frustration. Any ideas?
  2. WootSauce

WootSauce Lore Keeper
    Stratics Veteran

Oct 6, 2008
    Clearly, you have obtained these files incorrectly. Try stealing them, they wont work if you obtain them through regular means.
  3. Shinobi

Shinobi Guest

Ah, ok got it. I just had to get them uninsured, then stole them. They work fine now.

Seriously though, i'm just redownloading them. I'm gonna leave the others in the UO folder, it won't let me delete them but whatever. Time to wait another 30min for download...yay.
  4. Mapper

Mapper Crazed Zealot
    Stratics Veteran Alumni Stratics Legend

Oct 24, 2005
  5. Which version of Windows are you using? Have you tried running the program as Administrator? If you can't delete the files from the folder and can't delete the whole folder make sure it isn't open or trying to install itself.

There are other bugs, especially with Windows Vista, that can prevent you from deleting files from folders if the UAC and user account get corrupted. Hopefully you aren't using Vista.