1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

Can't get forgotten password e-mail on old account

Discussion in 'UHall' started by Trebr Drab, Sep 26, 2009.

1. Trebr Drab

Trebr Drab Guest

Nor for my current one, for that matter. This is over the last 2 days.

I had an old account that I set up years ago. I never developed any characters, so I thought maybe they deleted them and thus the account is completely gone. But I tried "forgotten password" on my current account, which I just updated to SA and received an e-mail for in early Sept.

I'm wondering now if the system is down for some reason. Anyone else receive an e-mail from UO over these last couple of days, or have the same problem? I can't believe that right now, with the free trial thing going on, that it would be down.

2. Dragonchilde

Dragonchilde Guest

If you have an old CD key, or an old credit card number, you can call them directly and ask them to grant you access.

3. Viper09

Viper09 Grand Poobah
    Stratics Veteran

Remember to check your spam folder as well.

Also you can try calling them. I've read stories here of people getting their password with just their DOB as proof.

4. Trebr Drab

Trebr Drab Guest

I called and they fixed me up.

It still leaves the question of why I didn't get any e-mails, even using my regular account which just got one in early Sept. for the SA upgrade.

The CS rep tried sending me an e-mail and it didn't work, he tried sending one to my wife's and that didn't work. And no, nothing in the spam or junk folders.

I also sent myself an e-mail just to make sure mine's working, and it did. I'm getting other mail fine too.

But they did fix me up, with approval from superiors.

5. Ivorythorn

Ivorythorn Guest

They did the same for me as well. I know a lot of people that think EA doesn't care about their customers, but I have nothing but high praise for them. I thought my old account was gone for good....

6. hakeem

hakeem Journeyman
    Stratics Veteran

My wife and I both needed to have passwords emailed as we each had a previous account we had not used for some time. Her email arrived shortly, mine has yet to. (4 days now.)
    I think something may be amiss.

7. Ivorythorn

Ivorythorn Guest

i know you probably did this, but did you check your spam folder? If you did, and wasn't in there you should call them back, and quick. Do not wait.