1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

Can't Imbue Mage Armor?

Discussion in 'UO Craftsman' started by Faux Pas, Feb 25, 2011.

1. Faux Pas

Faux Pas Guest

I have my 120 imbuing gargoyle, 10 abyssal cloth, 10 diamonds, and 5 enchanted essense, but when I try to imbue agapite chainmail leggings I get " you do not have needed resources". Did the recipe change? What gives?

2. Percivalgoh

Stratics Veteran

Maybe need it in the outer pack?

3. Faux Pas

Faux Pas Guest

All items in same level of my backpack. Just as I imbue everyday for all other skill, etc. Except this mage armor one is not working.

4. Percivalgoh

Stratics Veteran

No clue. I seem to be able to do that imbue without any problems

5. Barry Gibb

Barry Gibb Of Saintly Patience
    Stratics Veteran

Are the agapite chainmail leggings really old, like before Stygian Abyss (SA) came out? If so, then you cannot imbue them. Items made of special materials prior to the release of SA are unable to be imbued.

An easy way to confirm this is to try to imbue another property (than Mage Armor) on them. If the other property is not allowed, then the leggings are too old. If it is allowed, then you may want to see if the item has room for the Mage Armor property.

Stayin Alive,

BG

6. Faux Pas

Faux Pas Guest

Just made these leggings same day. I also tried imbuing mage armor on some other pieces, got the same needed resources reply from server. No problems mbuing anything else. I have tried to imbue older items and got a message about theor age being to old to imbue. Guess I'll waste my time and call a GM.

7. aoLOLita

aoLOLita Sage
    Stratics Veteran

Hmmm... I've had similar problem in past, because what I thought were diamonds in my pack were really sapphires. Worth a try to check?

8. Faux Pas

Faux Pas Guest

Come on dude, when I point at them they are diamonds!

9. Basara

Basara UO Forum Moderator
    Moderator Professional Governor Wiki Moderator Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend Campaign Supporter

My opinion - Put a bag of 50 of all 9 jewel types, and 30 of relic/essence/residue, and then whatever special ingredient is needed, on you. That way that should cover it.

10. TullyMars

TullyMars Sage
    Stratics Veteran

Were these diamonds from a gem cart? Do they stack with diamonds you buy from an npc for example. Many do not realize there are a couple of flavors of gems, you could get a different type in an event awhile back and the mining cart when set to gem gives you different types.

11. Faux Pas

Faux Pas Guest

I tried that already, no luck. Shouldn't the gump show the correct ingredients? I know some people are able to add mage armor mod, but for some reason I cannot. In fact I believe I used to be able to add it. Anyone else having this issue?

12. Faux Pas

Faux Pas Guest

No Tully these were purchased form Garg Jeweler and stack just fine. I have 640 of 'em.

13. Basara

Basara UO Forum Moderator
    Moderator Professional Governor Wiki Moderator Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend Campaign Supporter

one last question:

Did you loot the cloth, or make it?

14. WildWobble

WildWobble Sage
    Stratics Veteran

This is where i would page a gm sounds like somthing is buggy!

15. Gorbs

Gorbs Sage
    Stratics Veteran

What shard are you playing on? Have you asked another player to attempt to imbue with those same resources for you?

16. Faux Pas

Faux Pas Guest

Have paged twice and got a message to submit thru bug email. Now that's what I call customer service!

17. Faux Pas

Faux Pas Guest

I play Great Lakes, and I don't know any other active players that have imbuing skill.