1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

Can't load client

Discussion in 'UO Resources' started by Scarab, Oct 23, 2009.

1. Scarab

Scarab Guest

I recently had to reinstall xp on my system due to some driver problems. Those issues appear resolved now. However, when I reinstalled UO (both from the 9th Anniversary discs, and later from the 2D client d/l off the website) the game crashes right before it gets to the login screen. The first time I installed the game from the discs, patched up, and then clicked on the UO window to interrupt the Mondain startup video I got the crash. Then I uninstalled the game and reinstalled from the website d/l. Let the video run. Got the same crash and error. Every time I click "ok" on the patch window, the game crashes. This is the error:

---------------------------
    Error
    The UO game client has crashed. To report this crash, hit Control-C and paste the contents of your clipboard

into an email addressed to [email protected] with a description of what you were doing when it crashed.

The UO game client has crashed. To report this crash, hit Control-C and paste the contents of your clipboard into an email addressed to [email protected] with a description of what you were doing when it crashed. Version: 7.0.2.1 Exception Id: 3221225477 Module: client.exe Checksum: 1777059799 5817089 5827811 1130954096

uh, help?

2. Scarab

Scarab Guest

I apparently solved my own problem. after posting, I realized that I hadn't reinstalled my audio drivers. so I did. problem gone. thanks anyways

• About Us

Stratics is the oldest continually running MMORPG Fansite on the Internet. Founded in 1997 Stratics has served the Ultima Online Community for 18 years. We strive to provide the most complete social experience for Ultima Online players.
  • Subscribe Now!

Want to provide Continual Support? Subscribe and gain additional benefits as a patron of Stratics.com!
    Subscribe Now!

Stratics Professional Accounts feature the following advantages:

• Ad-Free Browsing of our Forums
    • Upload a custom Profile Cover
    • Unlimited media upload storage space
    • Use of the theme styler
    • Ability to collapse the sidebar
    • Premium background themes to choose from
    • Access to additional features of the Classifieds System
    • Ability to Customize Your User Title
    • No Post Delays
    • Additional Signature Allowances:
    • Special Professional Banner Display with your Account
    • PM Allowance Upgrade
    • Additional Thread Allowances
  • Support Us!

Don't feel like subscribing? Donations to benefit the further development of Stratics and for purchase and inclusion of additional features are always welcome.

Donate to us!