1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

Can't open backpacks

Discussion in 'UHall' started by Ezekiel Zane, Oct 2, 2014.

1. Ezekiel Zane

Ezekiel Zane Grand Inquisitor
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

I cannot open or get on-screen any backpack on any characters

I'm using the EC and ALL my set-ups are wiped out with the new UI.

It says in 'user settings' that I opens the backpack but it doesn't work.

Clicking and/or dbl clicking on the backpack above my paperdoll doesn't open it either.

Backpack, map all my old hotbars, everything is gone! 35+ characters all have to be re-done!

2. Kolka

Kolka Babbling Loonie
    Professional Campaign Patron

I had a similar problem with the paperdoll; try going to full screen mode and then opening backpack, move the pack to the middle of the screen and then go back out of full screen mode, it should be there.

3. jack flash uk

jack flash uk Crazed Zealot

use default UI not pincos, he needs to update with default ui everything will be fine :)

4. Viquire

Viquire Crazed Zealot
    Stratics Veteran

Welcome back folks!

5. Tranquility

Tranquility Journeyman

The problem is the backpack defaults to outside of the UI Scale.

I'm constantly having to lower my UI Scale in order to get my backpack to show and then re-enlarging the UI Scale to what I want to play in.

(ESC+User Settings+Options+ Scroll half way down to adjust the UI Scale)

Hopefully this gets addressed along with a few other minor issues with the updated EC UI.

Overall the new UI is a HUGE improvement over the previous default UI.

6. Winter

Winter Lore Keeper

The old icons did not work for me in the new UI. I had to open the main menu (ESCAPE key), select the ACTIONS submenu and replace all the old icons. Once I did that, then I could open my backpack again. It's a pain, but only takes a minute or two to complete.

7. Petra Fyde

Petra Fyde Peerless Chatterbox
    Stratics Veteran Alumni Stratics Legend

If you were using Pinco's, and the hotbar that was autogenerated by it. Nothing on that hotbar will work. Delete it and use the one generated by the new UI.
    For the items off the edge, follow Kolka's suggestion
    Also, for those who haven't realised yet, you don't have the scale the whole UI to change the size of some features. The 'scale mode' action from the 'other' menu will allow you to change the size of paperdolls, containers and hotbars to suit.

8. Tranquility

Tranquility Journeyman

I read that suggestion and I am unable to delete the autogenerated hotbar. Every hotbar has the "destroy hot bar" when I right click it except the autogenerated one.

9. Petra Fyde

Petra Fyde Peerless Chatterbox
    Stratics Veteran Alumni Stratics Legend

In that case, that's not the bar generated by Pinco's. That can be deleted. I've deleted it on every one of my characters.

Edit - found a test char that still has both
    The top bar of these two is the default from Pinco's - that's the one to delete. The bottom one is the new default created by the new UI
    defaults.JPG

10. Winter

Winter Lore Keeper

I could delete ever hotbar before the latest patch, but afterwards there is one hotbar that could not be deleted.

11. Kolka

Kolka Babbling Loonie

As far as the hotbars, etc, if you used Pinco's UI before, he has said that the new UI
    There is one bar that can't be deleted, it originally (in the early, original EC) was blank but had F1 -F12 assigned as hot keys. You can delete the individual squares within it though, and replace them with other things. All the other hotbars can be deleted.

Tranquility likes this.
  12. Tranquility

Tranquility Journeyman

I've had the exact opposite experience. I haven't been able to delete that hotbar on ANY character.

Regardless of whose hot bar and whether or not it was auto-generated (which is was) I should be able to delete the hotbar and the option is simply not there. Locked or Unlocked.

I can post screenshots of the option not being there.

If there is another way to destroy a hotbar besides right-clicking for the option 'Destroy Hot Bar' I'm all ears.

13. Winter

Winter Lore Keeper

It is easier just to use that hot bar, take all the icons from another one transfer it to the one that can't be destroyed, and delete the old one. I spent more time trying to destry that hot bar than it took to rearrange icons.

14. Ezekiel Zane

Holy Crap! The Default UI if FUGLY! However, that did work. Thanks.

jack flash uk likes this.
  15. Ezekiel Zane

This isn't working for Pinco's UI.

Backpack is still nowhere on-screen. Also, just a note, I'm not hearing the opening & closing sound you normally hear either.

16. Kolka

Kolka Babbling Loonie

Yeah, apparently Pinco's doesn't work at all at the moment. He says he is working on a new version that is compatible with the new UI, but it's not ready yet.