1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

Can't we try to help the Zoo ?

Discussion in 'UO Drachenfels' started by Frarc, Jan 12, 2008.

1. Frarc

Frarc Stratics Legend
    Stratics Veteran Alumni Stratics Legend

As a Community Drachenfels can do alot better then what it is now.

Zoo Collection.

Are we going to get beaten by all the other shards?? One person can do so little but together we could get us up a couple of Tiers! [​IMG]

I know its boring to tame and donate but you can aslo hunt for gold and donate that!

There some very nice Reward armor pieces for it! [​IMG]

Anyone going to help for not going to let Drachs to the bottom of the list?

2. Guest

Guest Guest

I think the lack of replies after 3 weeks gives you your answer Frarc.

Sadly, this shard is all but dead.

3. Frarc

Frarc Stratics Legend

Don't care, ill do it myself.

4. Cat Crimson

Cat Crimson Guest

Frarc, I would honestly love to help, maybe in a few weeks when I have sorted some stuff out ... but at the moment I have to spread myself between 2 accounts of my own, 3 friends accounts I look after and four shards [​IMG] and I can only play for around an hour a day at the moment.... I really did enjoy the time before when we had a group effort, it was great fun.

5. Frarc

Frarc Stratics Legend

It was only a question not a demand too anyone. I know its a hard and slow thing to work on and it takes alot of time.

I can only ask for help. I just work on it alone if i have too. Besides getting the tamers armor is a nice reward and i will get my complete set!

I know Drachs is a smaller community then other shards. but passed events (Obhidians,Magincia) showed we can get things done when we work together. We not death, we just smaller and alot less talkative on the shard forums.I too wish it was different. But thats the way it is.

I'm not going to moan and groan about it. I just keep playing the game! [​IMG]

6. Cat Crimson

Cat Crimson Guest

LOL ! Ohh nono, I didn't think you were making demands ! I was just expressing regret that I wasn't pitching in and why ...as I've always been very pro shard events in the past. I am also not only on a lovely new fast connection but also a new PC and trying to sort out all the different characters and houses... I forget who has what where, and also redoing or retrieving various macro sets and icons for spells and skills...I think my friend has a multi GM tamer and high magery on Drach where mine is barely in the 60's with skills, so I will check on that character.

7. Guest

Guest Guest

I don't think it's because Drachenfels is a dead shard, I think its simply not everbodys taste of "fun", taming for hours and getting nowhere with this hard work. I once put some gold into the Moonglow Zoo funds for getting some armor, but that was all.

I personally like to do more satisfying stuff with my rare UO time I have right now. Therefore I don't have the time to play my tamer much, and I do play only one or two hours per week actually... sorry. [​IMG]

If my motivaton rises again I'll think about it [​IMG]

8. Cat Crimson

Cat Crimson Guest

I think what we need is maybe an occasional advertised shardwide taming/donating session... Frarc got that going before and it was fun. It is hard slogging away on your own doing stuff like this, I know. I did a bit last night ( guilty conscience moi ? LOL ) and it was hard going on an unfamiliar character with no macros up. I managed a few gangs of polar bears then chickened out and threw some money at the Zoo and went to bed :p

9. Frarc

Frarc Stratics Legend

Don't do this because someone mention it. Doing something against your will will never be fun and will be boring. Thats why i don't PvP.

I did these little things before but i felt like i forced people doing it.
    I even dropped runes at the bank too the zoo with the inscription "Please help the Zoo".

I tried to organise other things too. It went ok at first. But then it backfired at me, can't do good for everyone. So i did not fell like doing it anymore. Waited for someone else to step up and show me how it would be done better. I'm still waiting.!

10. Guest

Guest Guest

You're absolutely right [​IMG]

Probably advertising an evening alongside with a fiesta outside the Moonglow Zoo, with buffet and comfortable seating for visiting guests (and probably healers and/or additional veterinarians for dead people/animals *g*).

Yep, this could be more fun than the usual lonely Zoo-taming [​IMG]

11. Cat Crimson

Cat Crimson Guest

I typed out a whole long post on this yesterday and it got eaten by some board bug [​IMG]

Anways heres the gist of it... great minds think alike Medea, I also thought food + drink and furniture and festivities, hehe. To make an entertaining time of it.

Frarc, I honestly didn't do it because I felt I had to, I enjoy doing things like that, its just trying to allot the time when I am juggling two jobs irl and 5 accounts. I remember what full zoos look like and yes it is sad when we view ours and its empty. Also I understand the frustration of trying to organise things whether ingame or in real life - everyone asks for things then ends up not supporting them, or have some misconceived opinion about why you're trying to do it. But then sometimes things can work out very well - remember the Naked free for all a couple of years back ? was hilarious and a lot of people joined in.

I do think making an occasional festive " push " to tame and/or donate to the zoo would be very enjoyable, with maybe a few fun freebies as incentives. Even if only half a dozen of us join in for an hour or two ! and I am happy to help out as always. I have some odd days of annual leave coming up over the next few weeks so will put my thinking cap on [​IMG] Don't give up !

12. Frarc

Frarc Stratics Legend

I thinking of doing a big session this sunday in my afternoon . Couple of hourse to get my points up.

13. Cat Crimson

Cat Crimson Guest

I think you're 1 hour ahead of GMT there in Belgium at the moment, right ? I am at work all day and home by about 4pm my time, so I could do about an hour or so when I get home ( before I nap =P ) and see how far we get ! I will copy and paste my own Atl tamer's macros over to my friends Drach tamer to make life easier this time [​IMG]

14. Frarc

Frarc Stratics Legend

Yup a hour ahead of you.

My tamers name is Jessica Goldfox of the CAT guild.

15. Cat Crimson

Cat Crimson Guest

Unf. Had to hang on at work due to colleagues going off sick and the on call person to cover me not being able to get there before 5pm so got home late and just fell into bed for a couple of hours. I am just going to go and do a bit now though. I will be using my friend's tamer Lady Merrybe, as she can gate and my poor little one can't [​IMG]

16. Frarc

Frarc Stratics Legend

I done about 35K of points yesterday. There where 2-3 other people also working on it during the day. When i left we where at 24K of the first tier.. I think when i started it was a little less then 100K of points to go from first tier.

After maintenance it went back to 37K . I'll work more on it today to try to get it back closer too the first Tier.

17. Cat Crimson

Cat Crimson Guest

Yep, I saw a couple of other folks yesterday too ! Its around 35k points now. I am mingling taming drakes/polar bears and donating money from killing dragons. Tis fun ! [​IMG] Off to do a bit more now !

18. Frarc

Frarc Stratics Legend

Its around 12K right now, been taming since this morning. I'm trying to get it to the next Tier today.

I have a week off to work on it more.

19. Cat Crimson

Cat Crimson Guest

Woohoo ! I see a crane ... :p

C'mon folks get yourselves in gear... it is a hard slog but it is working...gold and stray animals welcome [​IMG] even newbie tamers can join in, there are plenty of wolves around the zoo that all add to the points and don't take very much taming !

20. Frarc

Frarc Stratics Legend

Stopping for today at Tier 1. About 200K of points done today. Total points of Zoo now at 1177372.

Back tomorrow for more.

21. Frarc

Frarc Stratics Legend

132000 points to go to Tier 2.

We doing great! [​IMG]

22. Cat Crimson

Cat Crimson Guest

I'll try and work some this evening... didnt get too much time yesterday as was out a lot of the day.

23. Frarc

Frarc Stratics Legend

At your own time and pace and how much or less anyone want.

Only 85000 to go for next level. [​IMG]

24. Cat Crimson

Cat Crimson Guest

rofl... Frarc = the lean mean taming machine ! [​IMG]

25. Frarc

Frarc Stratics Legend

<blockquote><hr>

rofl... Frarc = the lean mean taming machine ! [​IMG]

[/ QUOTE ]

Nah, he can't tame even a bunny! But Jessica, now she seems on autopilot these days. [​IMG]

26. Frarc

Frarc Stratics Legend

Points dropped a little too 133609 to go to level 2.

Geuss it don't change at server maintenance but somwhere during the day.

27. Frarc

Frarc Stratics Legend

We got level 2 and Wolfs in the Zoo!

Someone came by and donated big in gold. [​IMG] (Dropkick Murphys)

My runes i left everywhere at banks to help the Zoo with Donations seems to help a bit! [​IMG]

28. Cat Crimson

Cat Crimson Guest

I just did a little bit - about 8k points. Still, every little helps !

I tossed some raw meat to the wolves, they looked a bit hungry and I didn't want them to start snacking on that poor little crane [​IMG]

29. Frarc

Frarc Stratics Legend

Before i start working on it again today , i'm going to tame some pink bunnies and drop them all around the Zoo! [​IMG]

30. Frarc

Frarc Stratics Legend

I must be crazy! [​IMG]

I bought me a + 20 taming, Animal lore and Veterinary scroll.
    After i finished my tamer on Napa where i took her to all 120 in taming skill, i said never again!

Jessica only had 110 in all at this point. A well .... now i even have more reason to tame unicorns for the Zoo....... [​IMG]

I'm dropping her GM Meditation and raise Focus too 80 to make room for it.

31. Cat Crimson

Cat Crimson Guest

Pink bunnies !!! oh my..... lemme at em... its's what for breakfast !!!

The tamer I am using has 110 taming and under 100 lore so hard going sometimes to get the unis to take notice...I tame drakes sometimes as dragons bit too much hard work but have no peacemaking. I have donated most of that accounts gold to the Zoo now otherwise I would think about getting +15's or maybe +20's for it... I don't think the taming will be such a headache as you think cos you are doing it for another reason and the gains will come naturally [​IMG]

32. Frarc

Frarc Stratics Legend

Its how i like to work on things. Working on skills like it don't feel like just working on them.

I'm sure you noticed on New Player Corner i often try to let people not just to focus on training alone but try to combine it with a reward.
    We can all work on our skills agains a golem but its just mindless hitting the same thing over and over. Its better to train skills in dungeon while you can gather gold and even in the Anti-Virtue Dungeon some artifacts.

Today i need to work on Frarc's Virtue to maintain it to knight. Normaly i hunt in Hytloth to work on it. But today i'll go work on it in Blood Dungeon in Ilshenar. Maybe i can get some chocolate ingredients from the Paragon Deamons he's going to kill.

Taming for the Zoo is alot of work. But now i can work on the Zoo and work on my skills too and eventualy i will get more pieces of my Zoo Armor. I already have 2 Pieces and halfway the 3rd.

What we done in the last days realy shows we can do great things with a few people. I hoped to get atleast 1 Tier up this week. But look at the Zoo now, Its already Tier 2 and almost halfway Tier 3.
    Won't be easy to keep it going up and maintain but we can only do our best! [​IMG]

Oi, i talk too much! [​IMG]

33. Frarc

Frarc Stratics Legend

Uhm..... i went to take a break and went to eat and now the Zoo is on Tier 5 !!!

*shocked*

If i checked the overall ranking from 9 February. We went from Place 21 to 4 in the overal ranking!

Good Work Drachenfels! [​IMG]

34. Cat Crimson

Cat Crimson Guest

Blimey, Frarc ! Certainly not down to me, I did about 1/2 an hour earlier and maybe 20k points between taming and donating... as you say must be some very generous donaters out there ! If you are reading this board then THANK YOU SO MUCH !!

tbh I think this is actually newsworthy. To go from 0 to tier 5 in less than a week is astonishing, especially as this is perceived to be a small, quiet, " dead " shard. Some people out there obviously care...

Do we have reporters that may wish to make this a story ? If not and no one else wants to, then I could maybe write one to submit to Medea or Piotr ? I thought it might be funny to have something which includes the animals' point of view as well [​IMG]

I have to admit, it is actually quite addictive watching the points stack up, even very slowly, as I go to and fro.

35. Frarc

Frarc Stratics Legend

5381279 Points before shard maintance.

Thats still 4th in the Overal ranking if i compare it with last week.

Zoo Collection Points By Shard

As a small and death shard we standing just below the big boys now!

Would it not just great for ones to kick all shards b........ and just be Nr 1 for 1 week! We could just show size don't matter! [​IMG]

36. Cat Crimson

Cat Crimson Guest

For any positive karma male tamers, someone has been working the Valour spawn east of Ilshenar Spirituality shrine, so there are many ki-rins there for the taking ! I've been taming unis one at a time and recalling back to the zoo, but you could just trot back to the gate, its not a long walk [​IMG]

Keep up the good work everyone...

37. Frarc

Frarc Stratics Legend

But i don't think you can tame Animals that belong to the Champion Spawn.

Where i tame a Unicorn and a Kirin spawns one at a time. Just a small monster now and then to worry about. As soon you recall to Zoo and come back a new one has sapwned.

There 2 spots like that in Malas. One got a little more monsters and the area is bigger then the other.

38. Cat Crimson

Cat Crimson Guest

You are likely right [​IMG] I have to admit I have never had a male tamer so have never attempted to tame champ spawn ki-rins.

I am happy to potter back and forth to Ilshenar. I vaguely remember the nightmare spot in Umbra but don't remember where the Uni's are in Malas. It is a change having a positive karma tamer where stuff does not attack me on sight! also as I said is fun killing the occasional paragon - good gold and training for the mare, also I got two marties today too. I also must see if I can try and remember the cave where the nightmares spawn in Fel Vesper.

Oh ! and Twoflower wanted to buy my mare... I have tamed him another one and have it in my stables if Jessica should see him, if she could pass the information on [​IMG]

39. Frarc

Frarc Stratics Legend

We moved on to Tier 6! [​IMG]

40. Frarc

Frarc Stratics Legend

Thanks for your Donation! [​IMG]

Its Noon my time and we have a total of 6305714 Points.
    Last week we had 910634 When Tina Small noted it down.
    5.3 Million points gained (Thats 79.5 Million in gold) is more then Lake Superior did last week.
    Its also the second biggest net gain in all the weeks thats been noted. (after Atlantic)

If the points are the same like last week we would move to spot 3 and even beat Atlantic. And that is suppose to be the biggest shard of all. That alone would be a great achievement!

Well Done Drachenfels! [​IMG]

41. Cat Crimson

Cat Crimson Guest

Hooray !

Wow, what a fantastic result. I am stunned ! As I said at the Zoo, this is just such a nice turnaround after me walking around Drach and it being so depressing because of all the empty house spots.

I hope we can keep it going - it would be nice to beat Atlantic just for one week, I know that is my original shard and where I have most in the way of homes and characters but eh they have loads of people and I think this is such an achievement. Also it has been nice to meet people and have actual conversations in game. By the way I just caught Twoflower as I was going to bed last night and gave him his mare, he was very happy.

John of Jhelom, its really nice to see you here on the boards again and I am glad you still play UO =)

42. Frarc

Frarc Stratics Legend

We made it to place 4 and are the biggest donater of the week! [​IMG]

We also have more net increase on our own shard then the total net increase on all shards overall! [​IMG]

Zoo Points By Shard.

43. Very impressive indeed! [​IMG]
    Go Drachenfels Go!

Frarc, It was nothing really, Still every point counts I guess [​IMG] it's You and Cat, and of course all the other tamers and donors, that are pulling the real weight [​IMG] So thank YOU for that, -all of you.

Cat, nice to see you too! I do still play UO but due to RL its not nearly as often as I would have wanted to... [​IMG] In fact it will be another couple of weeks before I can log on again... *sigh*

Do keep up the good work everybody!

Toodle-pip,

44. Frarc

Frarc Stratics Legend

We are now at Tier 7 (almost 8) We have now 7.8 million points.

I would like to thank Twoflower,Locedil,Doc Kuleha,Lady Merrybe and NinaLuna every tamer who i forgot there names who help with taming alot of kirins and unicorns and drakes.

Also a big thanks too Adam Randall from S*W who donated alot of gold today.

And a big thanks to everyone i not even see for there help and donations.Thanks alot everyone , your the best! [​IMG]

45. Adam Randall

Adam Randall Guest

<blockquote><hr>

[​IMG]

[/ QUOTE ]

*waves*

just decidet to donate 5 more millions of gold - so now we have a reptalon on display [​IMG]

*bows*

Adam Randall

46. Cat Crimson

Cat Crimson Guest

*gasp* wow !

Thanks Adam, thats terrific !

Hehehe now we shall have to give guided tours [​IMG]

47. Frarc

Frarc Stratics Legend

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

[​IMG]

[/ QUOTE ]

*waves*

just decidet to donate 5 more millions of gold - so now we have a reptalon on display [​IMG]

*bows*

Adam Randall

[/ QUOTE ]

Thats Fantastic! [​IMG]

48. Frarc

Frarc Stratics Legend

Seems we get more and more people interested in taming for the Zoo! [​IMG]

49. Frarc

Frarc Stratics Legend

We have now more then 8.6 million points! [​IMG]