1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

Carpentry Questions- Gains & Runic Saw

Discussion in 'UO Craftsman' started by sayler04, Sep 19, 2008.

1. sayler04

sayler04 Guest

I've been working on a carpenter for a few edays, and my gains seem to have plateaued at 97.8; i've been making mostly gnarled staves with a few high-end containers thrown in for fun, but the staves have almost a 90% success rate. does anyone know of a more efficient item I could be crafting up to 100%?

Also, I've read all about runic saws, but can't seem to figure out where you get them, as there is no carpentry bod system. Where do i get these?

many thanks

aetun

2. Basara

Basara UO Forum Moderator
    Moderator Professional Wiki Moderator Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend Campaign Supporter

you get the runic saws from the foot stool & harp quests in Heartwood.

You could do the shepherd's crooks (same difficulty & wood used as the staves) and donate them to the animal trainer NPC on the second floor of the Britain library (better return than just tossing them like the staves).

Other than that, the only "cheap" thing (8 boards, 5 ingots) to make above the crooks and gnarled staves, would be the Tetsubo, and they require carpentry as well as 40 Tinkering. at GM you'd only be 66.6% chance of making.

3. sayler04

sayler04 Guest

thanks for the help!