1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

Carpentry UOAssist Macro

Discussion in 'UO Craftsman' started by Papadom, Oct 12, 2008.

1. Papadom

Papadom Guest

I'm at 95 skill in carp and plan on training to GM making Gnarled Staffs.

I dislike having to manually destroy each staff one by one when my backpack gets full.

Is there a way to destroy them using a macro? or maybe someone knows of a better way?

TY for your time

PaPa

2. buy a bag, place your ressources into this bag and craft your staffs.

when your backpack is full, place the bag in a trashcan, buy a new bag...

repeat.

3. Basara

Basara UO Forum Moderator
    Moderator Professional Wiki Moderator Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend Campaign Supporter

Solution: DON'T MAKE GNARLED STAFFS.

Make Shepherd's crooks, which are the exact same difficulty & wood use, and donate them to the Britain library collection (the animal trainer, upstairs). It beats the hell out of just throwing the stuff away.

If you don't want to do the quest on your crafter, then have the crafter do them in bags, as Thiefy suggests, drop them to the ground in your house, then have whatever character you have that HAS done the quest turn them in at the library when you are done. Any character that has successfully completed the Cloak of Humility quest, had to do the donation quest for the library as part of that quest chain, so odds are you should have at least one character capable of donations.

4. Papadom

Papadom Guest

Thank god!!!

:bowdown::bowdown::bowdown::bowdown::bowdown:

Im now at 97.3....I'm around 11 hours in and -65k boards

5. Papadom

Papadom Guest

Just got GM Carp!

It took me around 13 hours and about 80K in boards

6. DHMagicMan_1

DHMagicMan_1 Guest

80K in boards from 30something to GM or from what to GM?

Thanks, and congrats!

7. Papadom

Papadom Guest

Sorry I should have elaborated a bit.

It took me 80k in boards from the NPC purchased skill level to GM.

I followed the FAQ crafting build guide located on these forums

8. DHMagicMan_1

DHMagicMan_1 Guest

Cool thanks for that info. Much appreciated!

9. Papadom

Papadom Guest

NP

I purchased 2 full commodity deeds for a total of 120k boards(60 max per deed) before I started training.

I bought them for 5 gp per on Great Lakes, but you could probably get a better price.

10. I could swear that you can use an axe on the gnarled staff to destroy it. Basically, you'd have a macro to target your axe, then target item type. Make a staff, then hit the macro to destroy it.

I'm almost positive that you can do this.

It's really sad because I just GM'ed Carpentry a couple of weeks ago, and I think this is what I did, but I can't be 100% sure. Oh geez... you think Alzheimer's is kicking in? :coco:

11. Parnoc

Parnoc Lore Master
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

Well, guess I'm the stingy, money-hungry one here. I made gnarled staffs all the way from where I could make them to GM, but I sold every one I made to the NPC weaponsmiths. Stood in Luna, took boards outa my bank, sold completed staffs to NPC's in smithshop. Had about 75k in gold when I GM'd including buying all my tools. There's a UOA Macro to sell 'em for ya too, so all you have to do is hit buy on the NPC and poof, ya got gold.