1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice
  3. Greetings Guest! Tonights Maintenance is complete and the Stratics Community Wiki is now live. Please see this thread for more details.
    Dismiss Notice

Cartography and Lockpicking training

Discussion in 'UO Fishing and Treasure Hunting' started by marcelom, Nov 4, 2008.

1. marcelom

marcelom Guest

Hello, i am a new Treasure Hunter, played UO for several years, but now this 2 skills i have to train, i never did them before, so i would like to ask you guys, a quick guide to train them succesfully from 0 to 100%.
    Best places and ways to train, experiences and so on, to let me know all about this skills, i will appreciate your help!
  2. 5% Luck

5% Luck Guest

Well for lockpicking its best to start with 50. Then one gm tinkered locked box can take you all the way to gm> what i did was picked at my gm made locked box till 95 then got discorded in the weald to finish it95-100. Carto is easy. You just need alot of blank scrols and the same method past 95 applys. Other wize past 95 you will need to read maps and pick those chests per posinle gain atempt AFAIR. GL
  3. marcelom

marcelom Guest

just 1 box? is that easy? hehe but i think i will have to break a lot of lockpicks right?
  4. Basara

Basara UO Forum Moderator
    Moderator Professional Wiki Moderator Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend Campaign Supporter

Jul 16, 2003
    yeah - but you'll need a 75 tinker skill locked box to get to the 70s in lockpicking skill without breaking a lot of picks (going the "start at 50 with a GM box" method, you will always fail, and break tons of picks, until you get to the 70s in skill).

In the 70s, switch to the GM tinker box.

Then, at 95, when you go get discorded, use the 75 tinker box - it will take about twice as long as the GM box, but use a lot less picks. Using a GM box for the training while discorded runs the chance of running out of picks, and having to leave to get more, and have to get re-discorded (and it's really easy to get killed trying to set up the discord).

Also note that while many times more dangerous, a paragon satyr will drop your skills 5 points or more lower than a normal one.