1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

[Cartography] Cartography Training

Discussion in 'UO Fishing and Treasure Hunting' started by Tomarke, Jan 25, 2014.

1. Tomarke

Tomarke Seasoned Veteran
    Stratics Veteran D^A

I am currently training cartography and I'm at 95.8 making world maps. Is it possible to train to GM making world maps or will I need to start deciphering treasure maps at some point?

2. Tomarke

Tomarke Seasoned Veteran
    Stratics Veteran D^A

found my answer on another website. It appears you can only train to 99.5 by making world maps.

3. Mandrake of DF

Mandrake of DF Lore Keeper
    Stratics Veteran

You can always go to despice and get disco'ed by a satyr - and make maps till GM :)

4. Tomarke

Tomarke Seasoned Veteran
    Stratics Veteran D^A

I have read about that but never tried it. Some of the dangers I have read about with the process is that he may provoke mobs in the area onto you. I am making a bard T-hunter, I assume that if these mobs are provoked onto you that you can peace them, is this correct?

5. kongomongo

kongomongo Lore Master
    Professional Campaign Supporter

In tram despise they do not provoke

Since you can control them you just attack, run in circles till they disco you, invis, reappear, done.

6. Tomarke

Tomarke Seasoned Veteran
    Stratics Veteran D^A

I think I will give it a try. I'm guessing this would probably work for lockpicking as well if I took my training lockboxes with me.

7. Mandrake of DF

Mandrake of DF Lore Keeper
    Stratics Veteran

You need a packie with scrolls and lockpicks with you. Take control of a satyr upstairs, anchor it to a object - like a barrel. Then go on distance and attack it till it disco you. Look for satyrs with lvl 3-5...the higher the level is, the higher it will disco you.