1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

Castle/Keep front hall question

Discussion in 'UO Homes and Castles' started by StifledArgument, Jun 12, 2009.

1. Hi, I saw a picture (which of course I can't find now) that has the front hall of a keep or maybe a castle and has chests stacked into the space.

I hope everyone knows what I am talking about, when you walk in the doors, and there is the "window" on either side of the hall and someone had chests in there, stacked 3 high. I was wondering if this was an illusion or if you can fit anything in those spaces.

Thanks in advance for your help!

2. Wilde1

Wilde1 Guest

i dont know if you can put anything in a keep "window" spots, but chests certainly fit. turn on circle of transparency and put them in from behind the window. then lockdown and lower into place with a deco tool.

3. Excellent! Thanks!

4. DevilsOwn

DevilsOwn Stratics Legend
    Governor Stratics Veteran Alumni Stratics Legend

chests fit neatly in the keep opening but the castle window is just a bit bigger so they don't close it up completely

5. Millie

Millie Guest

I found also that if you put gozas and move them up a elven book case looks nice also.

[​IMG]

6. Sarsmi

Sarsmi Grand Poobah
    Stratics Veteran

Ooh, clever!

7. Fink

Fink Guest

Medium crates fit and can be dyed a reasonably close match. I have stacks of crates in those gaps..

[​IMG]

Five high will fit comfortably.. I put in six for a little extra room. These contain all of the stuff I might need without having to go running through the entire castle. In KR you can't see the top row so I don't put anything vital there. The anvil & forge on the other side of the wall are near enough to smith from in the entry, and all my crafting resources are in the lower crates.

The partial hanging weapons rack beside me is rubble from the Cloak & Dagger event (Clainin's assassination), in case you're wondering.

8. Sarsmi

Sarsmi Grand Poobah
    Stratics Veteran

Oh thats a really good idea. I've mostly ignored the entryway in castles/keeps, I think it's time I gave it a closer look. :)

9. Serafi

Serafi Babbling Loonie
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

Yeah, me too. Especially because of this :
    So, medium crates and/or elven bookcase. Think I have to load up a few containers and check what looks best.

10. Fink

Fink Guest

Yeah for all practical purposes my castle is a 4x6 tile house with a big annex out back.

11. Sarsmi

Sarsmi Grand Poobah
    Stratics Veteran

*laughs* :p

12. I think I like the crate idea better then this

[​IMG]

will have to look into redoing the entrance area of the keeps we have.