1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

castle/keep improvement

Discussion in 'UO Homes and Castles' started by grandpa otis, Apr 28, 2009.

1. grandpa otis

grandpa otis Guest

Does anyone know if there is any possiblilty of changes being made to the castles and keeps to make them more convenient and useful by adding doors right inside outer front doors so you can enter lower level rooms on left and right more easily and quickly? This would be especially more useful and sensible in a keep.

2. DevilsOwn

DevilsOwn Stratics Legend
    Stratics Veteran Alumni Stratics Legend

any time a suggestion is made to alter designs of castles/keeps we are met with silence or an outright 'no'

that one tiny, tiny change would do so much to make people happy ;)

3. Kurgan

Kurgan Guest

Putting your design in would make me happy.. :danceb:

4. Sarsmi

Sarsmi Grand Poobah
    Stratics Veteran

Me too! It's awesome! I'd have such a great time in that courtyard...sigh.

5. grandpa otis

grandpa otis Guest

yes , that tiny change would make a world of diff,,, be SO nice to be able to enter a smithy shop and/or tailor shop rt there without having to run up-down-around-under......why is it the simple things in life are the hardest to get :)

We can only DREAM about one as nice as ur design

6. Lady Arwen

Lady Arwen Lore Keeper
    Stratics Veteran

yeah, Id love to have a few doors in my keep :( Its such a pain to have to run up then around and back down to get to the rooms... And as far as Devs design, Id just about die from excitement if hers got put in. :)

7. 4gregu

4gregu Slightly Crazed
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

If they arent going to give us different designs to choose from, the least they could do is make add-on teleporter tiles. They could be in deed form and say "deed for teleorter tile style #1" or something like that so you can match them in pairs. I dont know how they would make it so they only work when in the same house, but im sure they could come up with something.

8. MalagAste

MalagAste Belaern d'Zhaunil
    Reporter Professional Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend Campaign Supporter Royal Knight

On that note they could make them like bracelets of Binding and Com crystals where you click one and "set" it to another... so this one is kinda married to that one then lock them down on where you want them and "ta da!" instant teleporters.... just a thought, I'm not a programmer so I don't know how "difficult" that would be to do technically... but it sure sounds good.

9. The doors and the teleporters are all great ideas that I wish would be implemented for castle/keeps. It's been a pain in the arse to move about within these two classic style homes. :(

10. grandpa otis

grandpa otis Guest

They say the squeaky wheel gets the grease,,,, why don't one of you who is better organized and more pc oriented than me start a movement/thread/poll/sumpin to flood the devs with requests to fix this small problem??

11. http://builder.thelostlands.com/Lord Drakelord Keep.html

ya I would be very happy

12. sirone

sirone Guest

to simplify the access, you can add a ladder from front door of keep/castle to the first floor. that way you can open 3 less doors.