1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

Castle McManus Preview

Discussion in 'UO Chesapeake' started by Lord Gareth, Jan 22, 2012.

1. Lord Gareth

Lord Gareth UO Content Editor | UO Chesapeake & Rares News
    Reporter Professional Wiki Moderator Stratics Veteran

Little Sneak Peak for you!!!

[​IMG]

2. Don't Tread on Me

Don't Tread on Me Lore Keeper
    Professional Stratics Veteran Campaign Supporter

I don't get it...... what did I miss?

3. old gypsy

old gypsy Grand Poobah
    Professional Stratics Veteran Campaign Patron PITMUCK

Don't know... but I missed it, too.

4. Lord Gareth

People wanted to know whats inside since its private and I have access so I am showing them. :)

I had some fun this morning torturing the people outside but the truth is I cannot give access to anyone because I'm not a friend or a co-owner of the house I've only been Granted Access.

5. Demon Wind

Demon Wind Sage
    Stratics Veteran

What is truly sad is that the ones that did have access and what have you didnt bother to collect the 16 soulstones belonging to the player in case he ever comes back. Yes I was one of the ones out side being tortured by the priveledge few that were allowed in. All I took from the Castle IDOC was 16 soulstones which I'll save in case any one needs them back. Siding with one group or another is no way for a community leader or what have you to act but so be it .

6. Lord Gareth

Added a few more paragraphs, posted below.

7. Lord Gareth

I wasn't at the Idoc, I was to busy picking up player written books at the Library Idoc. Ed McManus did not own the Castle, nor will he be returning to Ultima Online. This community leader spent hours contacting the player base of 1997 - 1999 and was able to speak with Lord Memnock of The Sillyhood who was able to call Tigermaster of The Sillyhood (The actual owner of the castle) who did not remember the email or password to the account and was okay with letting it fall because he would not be returning to Ultima Online.

Those who were "accessed" to the Castle couldn't let you in if they wanted too because they were only "accessed" If someone was a friend of the house then that is their choice. Reds, Blues, Roleplayers and PvPers were sent the picture below because I chose to upload it and send the links over icq. If you didn't get it then follow the Photobucket. That's great and wonderful for you to go in and save the Soulstones, that was noble of you (Honestly it was)

I am not your community leader and you are not part of the townships I lead. If I choose to do something for the shard then that is my choice because it is my time and my resources not theirs. Now if you were giving me a paycheck then that would be different but no one gives me a paycheck for anything that I do in-game or here on stratics.

And just because someone leads a town, entity, alliance or some type of service does NOT mean they are Required or Obligated to things for you or give you anything. For those I choose to give discounts and items to its because I've chosen to do so for numerous reason such as helping me with a Project, Establishment, Quest, Walk-through, etc. They gave me their time, effort and commitment without expecting anything in return and I greatly appreciate it.

Now I am sorry you felt the need to be nasty and spew venomous acid in my face but a little advice, be Knowledgeable in the matters you are talking about.

[​IMG]

8. Lord Armand

Lord Armand UO News Reporter
    Stratics Veteran Alumni

That is pretty harsh talk towards someone who does a lot for Chessy. He was not there for the drop and since he was only accessed to the castle, he could not take them before it dropped. It was a nice thing to grab the soulstones for them but this sounds more like you have something personal against him.

9. georox

georox Sage
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

Picking on Gareth isn't cool!

10. Don't Tread on Me

Don't Tread on Me Lore Keeper
    Professional Stratics Veteran Campaign Supporter

The fight at the castle was not nearly as cool as i thought it would be. Mel Gibson said that he was going to rock everybody at the IDOCs, but I saw no evidence at all of any sort of dominance. Snap from SL (no guild shown) was a disarming fool, but not dominant. I wasn't there forever, but I didn't see the conflict that I thought I would.

Oh well. BTW, I figure that Gareth isn't trying to take sides, but rather just be nice and helping whoever is there out. That's the rep that he's earned after years and years and years of quality play on the shard. I'm just saying.

Who's better? :banana: or :danceb:

11. This is normal for this person, Gareth. Dont let it get you down.

12. Pooper

Pooper Adventurer

I for one would like to thank Gareth for the preview!! I would also like to state that people will always be judgmental. Usually people that have too much time on their hands think everyone cares what they think or want to hear their opinion.....
    With that being said, I too have too much time on my hands so here is my opinion because I know everyone cares about what I think:

Gareth rocks!!