1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

Catskills Archery League: Inaugural Event

Discussion in 'UO Catskills' started by EM Barnaby, Jan 14, 2012.

1. EM Barnaby

EM Barnaby UO Event Moderator
    UO Event Moderator Stratics Veteran

Players of Catskills,

You may remember during the recent Winterfest the idea of having an ongoing Archery league was brought up. Well, this Monday evening will be the first event of many that will lead up to a year end Champion.

I will go into the scoring and rules of the series in more detail at the first event. What you need to know until then is:

1) Each event is open to all skill levels, and there will NOT be separate classes for different skill levels.

2) EVERY contestant will receive points towards their series standing - the amount of which will be determined by how well you do. These points are assigned to the CHARACTER THAT YOU USE TO COMPETE. Points will not be combined between two or more characters.

3) Only bows that will be provided at the event are to be used.

And MOST importantly...

4) Registration STOPS the moment the first archer takes the line to shoot - it may not seem fair to someone who shows up three minutes late, but it isn't fair to delay those who DID show up on time.

The location of each event will be different - a Moongate will be provided from the EM Hall in Britain (and spectators are welcome, and encouraged, to come watch).

Details for the Inaugural Event:
    When: Monday, January 16th
    Time: 7pm EST

2. Irulia Darkaith

Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

So....whatever happened to this event? I know the turn-out at the first one was very discouraging, but it wasn't very well promoted. I'm certain that if the town criers were announcing the event like they do with the other EM events it would have a better turn-out. As it was, unless you happen to check this forum regularly, you would have missed it - I almost did. Plus, you could liven it up a little a bit with a different take on the archery event as I suggested to you when I was competing ( I was/am Dae'Amarth). Shooting at Archery Buttes isn't the most exciting thing to do in this game.