1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

Catskills Easter Event

Discussion in 'UO Catskills' started by EM Kasaven, Apr 24, 2011.

1. EM Kasaven

EM Kasaven Visitor

Happy Easter, everyone!

Starting today, we’ve activated a quest that can be completed any time between now and May 7th.

The quest can be initiated by hitting the blue rune on the table inside the counselor’s hall, and then saying “hello” to Wren the florist. If for any reason the rune is blocked, you can find Wren by taking the yellow moongate to the Fairground and following the road to the southeast.

This quest splits off into two different routes with two different endings fairly early on, so keep that in mind. You can complete both endings if you wish. This isn’t a monster-based event, however you might encounter low-level monsters throughout the course of completing the quest.

Good luck, and again, Happy Easter! You have plenty of time to finish these quests. Use the feedback section of the website if you have any comments or questions.

Kasaven

2. Any additional information about how to get Wren to initiate the quest? When you speak "hello" to her she just responds with "My Garden! My beautiful garden!

3. EM Kasaven

EM Kasaven Visitor

Aah, it isn't the quest in the hit alt+q to get a quest list sense of quest, rather it is one you respond to oracles and gather clues to find your way.

Try replying "garden" and then responding and using key words with each oracle you find to complete the quest. No point will it "initiate" a quest, in the sense you're thinking.

Good luck!

4. Farsight

Farsight Crazed Zealot
    Stratics Veteran

Brilliant event.

It's SO worth it to hit all the quest points, if only for the pure brilliance that is Giri Ui's book.

The wisdom contained within is something that I'll be carrying with me for the rest of my life!

I loved the orcs too, right down to the proper bad grammar.

5. EM Kasaven

EM Kasaven Visitor

Giri is a genius, isn't he? *grins*

And you are right, Barnaby is quite the orcish translator, I thought they were very well done.

Thank you for the feedback,

Kasaven

6. Lady Storm

Lady Storm Crazed Zealot
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

Nice chain but your choice of placement for items leaves a great deal to be desired. You must not really like crafters.....or you dont want everyone to get one of them? To get ether one is a death sentence and with the item not bessed...... need I say more?

7. Xander Rayne

Xander Rayne Guest

Definitely one of the best Quests I’ve had the pleasure to partake of to date. Thank you Kasaven and Barnaby. I had a great time with it, and a great time with others working on them.

On a sidenote

I enjoyed the difficulty and thought "a little bit of peril" was appropriate. But I can understand that portions could be frustrating dependant on character template or tactics used. I've helped several with the Quest, and specifically those on crafter characters or less PvE oriented templates.

May I offer my assistance if you need it? I'll gladly log in and assist your craft characters in game. Send me a PM and we can arrange a time and day.

I think that perhaps the difficulty of the end of both quest chains was meant to encourage this sort of co-operation by the EM's, and not meant to detract from the experience.

Again, thank you Kasaven and Barnaby for the time you devote to Catskills.

8. Aedon Durreah

Aedon Durreah Village of Aegis
    Stratics Veteran

I really enjoyed this event. Thank you so much.