1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

Catskills Militia Skirmish - 3/8/09

Discussion in 'UO Catskills' started by Piper [PGoH], Mar 7, 2009.

1. Piper [PGoH]

Piper [PGoH] Adventurer
    Stratics Veteran

Quoted from Hawkeye Pike of the United Pirates:

This weekend's skirmish will be held tomorrow, Sunday, March 8, at 2:00 PM EST in the arena north of Doom, indicated by the star:

[​IMG]
    Corrupted Foresets...? Not my spelling, I blame Automap!

There will be gates to the location in New Haven starting at 1:45. Those who cannot otherwise get the proper armor and equipment may be outfitted at that time.

Those who have participated in the past have had a good time, so we hope to see you there!

2. hawkeye_pike

hawkeye_pike Babbling Loonie
    Stratics Veteran

Thanks for posting this!
    The pirates will be there, as always.

Don't forget to bring potions, bandages, and your favorite weapon(s) in gm-made quality without magic mods! Mages need to bring enough reagents, as armor with magic mods (like LRC) is not allowed.

3. Corvak

Corvak Guest

Nice to see some of these underused spots seeing some events :)

4. Piper [PGoH]

Piper [PGoH] Adventurer
    Stratics Veteran

Thanks for the screenshots, Pike. Hey, there's me modeling a stunning grey robe!

Please feel free to join us next time, Corvak, and anyone else. :D Details will be posted.

5. Corvak

Corvak Guest

I might bring an unguilded alt next time.

Corvak's emmy, and my GM has odd hours. Getting back in would be awkward :)

6. Farsight

Farsight Crazed Zealot
    Stratics Veteran

And I'm sure you don't have a pirate or an uss or another character you can use...

7. Corvak

Corvak Guest

Gwah! out of my head I say! OUT!

If i'd get off my lazy butt and train my pirate....lol

8. Bob_the_fart_guy

Bob_the_fart_guy Slightly Crazed
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

I wish I could have made it...I made the last one, and I had a blast. Please keep posting if you host them again though. :)

9. Farsight

Farsight Crazed Zealot
    Stratics Veteran

Next Sunday, 2PM EST.

Until further notice, they'll be every Sunday at 2. Location to be determined.

10. Turdnugget

Turdnugget Guest

Are there any template restrictions for these skirmishes?

I am making an 'undead' style character for RP purposes... for these kinds of events. Just making sure whether or not I could use that for these events?

11. Farsight

Farsight Crazed Zealot
    Stratics Veteran

So far as we have discussed, there are no template restrictions. There are restrictions to what you can use with each template.

For example, while you can bring a pet, you can't bring a greater dragon or a pair of bake kitsune or similarly powerful pets/pet combinations. While you can bring a ninja, we're starting to frown on people hiding through the fights only to appear at the end (not that that tactic has worked anyway). Summons are limited to no 8th circle summons except for earth elementals. Mounts can not be used in any situation.

So far, rule violations have been punished by warnings or death (in the case that the warning wasn't listened to), with further violations being a banning from the fights. In a role play sense, we have no room in a militia for those who don't follow orders.

12. hawkeye_pike

hawkeye_pike Babbling Loonie
    Stratics Veteran

You can use any template you like.

We may change rules on the fly if we notice that one group has a big disadvantage. For example, last time someone used Daemon summons, which was like an additional fighter in the group (especially given the limited equipment). That's why decided to not allow summons who can cast spells.

We do not allow any polymorphs or other forms because then you cannot see the color of the robe anymore.

Last time, someone tried to break the rules and used a mount for an unfair advantage. Deliberate rule breaking will not be tolerated.

13. RichDC

RichDC Guest

Are you allowing DP??

Im not on catskills, but it kind of reminds me of the duels of old and i may make a char to come over and play...i miss those days.

Im just thinking of templates...you say no stealth so a ninja cant use backstab or ki-attack?

Also, have you made 2 warring guilds? reason i ask is that necro withers and mage fields wont affect if not

Sorry to be a pain.

14. Farsight

Farsight Crazed Zealot
    Stratics Veteran

Stealth is allowed, I just frown at it. I think the ninjas in the group have agreed about forms somewhere, but I ignored that and don't care since I dismount anyone I see in a form anyhow.

Deadly poisons are also allowed, and I find it very annoying (I died twice to poison in the last fight. Hate that stuff! :D)

The guild structure is um... complicated.

We have a network of warring guilds and you could find yourself on the same team as orange, blue and green people side by side as well as having allied and warring opponents. This makes field spells, area effect spells and potion use complicated since you not only hit your opponents, but also your team mates. It's quite an interesting throwback to when the field spells did affect your own team.

And you aren't being a pain. Stop being sorry.

15. RichDC

RichDC Guest

Hmm actually sounds really interesting, one last question...

I know you said no runic made weapons, but would it be ok if (im not saying this is the temp i wana try) i have a sc no pen with 40DI as the only mods for a tank mage? or does it have to be cast-rearm?

16. Piper [PGoH]

Piper [PGoH] Adventurer
    Stratics Veteran

Yep, any kind of poison goes, which is good for me personally. :p We've had a number of poisoners show up.

Stealth can be used, but only for certain things. When we play capture the flag, the person wearing the "flag" robe can't stealth with it on. In bagball games, the ball can't be "kicked" by someone who is stealthed. These specific rules are always explained before the individual events, though, so don't feel like you have to memorize all this.

As far as the weapon in question, I'd be interested in Hawkeye Pike's thoughts on it. It wouldn't give you any more DI advantage than the other people's GM weapons. Hm...

Hawkeye?

17. Corvak

Corvak Guest

He's probably still drunk off all that rum.

...Pirates...

18. RichDC

RichDC Guest

Aye looks like it lol