1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

Caution Thief in Luna

Discussion in 'UO Napa Valley' started by Gus of Llanowar, Apr 29, 2009.

1. Gus of Llanowar

Stratics Veteran

i Have recently been shifting a few things around in my house and because of my house and where its located I can not set it to private. Two nights in a row I have been robed. first night they took over 150 stones of objects out of a chest, what it was i still dont know yet. and night two they stole a skill tutor that i was putting on floor showing someone while about to secure. On night number Deviant apeared in Ostard form and walked away from the area where that chest was. Is he the one maybe but not quite sure. Also anyone with a skill tutor for sale please let me know i need to replace mine now.

2. Kimberly

Kimberly Seasoned Veteran
    Stratics Veteran

That's awful, Gus!

The only thing I can suggest is locking down something in front of the arch (something that people can't walk through) and using Detect Hidden before unlocking anything.

3. Snakeman

Snakeman UO Forum Moderator
    Moderator Professional Premium Wiki Moderator Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

Before ya unlock or set something down to lock it down, do a Detect Hidden. As long as you are on the main acct that owns the house you will reveal anyone hidden in the house. 0 skill needed

4. Nine Dark Moons

Nine Dark Moons Certifiable
    Stratics Veteran

That really sucks :(

If you have a 2nd floor you can also set teleporters to "friends only" - that's what I do. My first floor is open to public but my 2nd 3rd and roof are all set to "friends only". And I always do a detect hidden prior to unlocking anything. Kimberly's idea of temporarily blocking your entrance (followed by a detect hidden scan) is also a good idea.

5. Hooli Gan

Hooli Gan Guest

Doesnt help any when your house has 23784729293 visits everyday.Detect hidden is your friend my man.