1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

CC client Lag, need Help Asap

Discussion in 'UO Resources' started by icd, Jul 3, 2012.

1. icd

icd Guest

hello guys and good night, im getting real frustrated when playing UO.
    I don't know what it is but when i play with Classic Client ( my favorite client) my UO gets really choppy, is like my char struggles to move forward and always gives a little stop. It's making the best part of the game for me , the pvp, real difficult.
    Yes some will say and i agree: is connection lag. Im playing from Brazil and i knew i would have more lag then US players but the funny thing is when i log with EC, the lag i was having with CC, goes away! Its like the EC runs much smoothier then then CC ( talk about crazy).
    Can someone help me or post a tweal so i can run the CC client as smooth as the EC?
    Hope that someone could give me some help, thanks in advance

PS: sorry for the bad english is like 2a.m and im very sleepy

2. Gilmour

Gilmour Certifiable
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

First thing to check is that windows indexing service is disabled for UO.

Locate your ultima online folder
    Right click it
    Select properties

You will now be presented with a window like the left one. Follow instructions on the image to make sure it disabled.

[​IMG]

If it was enabled, try disabling it, hit ok, and apply and log in and see if it is better.

This potential fix is valid both for CC and EC lag. (no guarantee it will improve)

-Gilmour