1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

[Discussion] certificates of authenticity

Discussion in 'UO Rares Collector' started by Restless, Dec 29, 2010.

1. Restless

Restless Certifiable
    Stratics Veteran

was just thinking how any of u would feel if some of the em items started having lil issue numbers on them such as "3/10" at the bottom of the text of the item... i know manticore (and possibly others) do alot of work to find out the quantity of each item given out and this could be a way to make things a lil easier. also, if lets say the event was a scavenger hunt and the top 5 people got an item then the 1st person to complete it would get the "1/5" then the next "2/5" etc... another bonus is this would essentially make those items each unique in that they could be more easily monitored for possible duping and whatnot... perhaps this has already been mentioned in the past (not sure, ive never read about it)... anyways, how do u all feel about it?

2. Athelas

Athelas Lore Keeper
    Stratics Veteran Alumni

I really like the actual idea Restless, I mean that is thinking in the right direction. But on the actual title that would really be ugly I think and it would destroy a lot of items for folks in an rp sense. But I like the idea of it being cataloged and clear, especially concerning duping. Maybe if you had to double click on it and it told you or something, haha that is probably asking too much, but ya never know.

3. Restroom Cowboy

Restroom Cowboy Visitor

perhaps its not too much. I have noticed some (but not all) EM items have a *special* text when you single click them. Seems like this may just be a possibility if relayed to the right people. :)

4. Restless

Restless Certifiable
    Stratics Veteran

ya i wouldnt want it on the title line, just like underneath everything else on the item... like somewhere under the weight or something

5. Restroom Cowboy

Restroom Cowboy Visitor

If the information was conveyed with a single click, the mouse over info could possibly be left the same. Guess there would be a few different methods of making this possible.

6. Restless

Restless Certifiable
    Stratics Veteran

for the visibility for duping i feel the scroll over would be the best option, nothing elaborate or anything, just a lil "3/10" below the weight or something, wouldnt stand out, just a helpful tidbit...

7. Apetul

Apetul Rares Fest Host | LS April 2011
    Stratics Veteran

Or maybe that info could be obtained via Item ID skill, anyway i think people will start to pay more for the "first" item like 1/5 or 1/10...

8. Restless

Restless Certifiable
    Stratics Veteran

just adds another layer of depth to rare collecting.. have people trying to make museums of all 1/? :)

9. Athelas

Athelas Lore Keeper
    Stratics Veteran Alumni

Make the item Id skill more useful and add a new depth to collecting, haha sign me up!

10. Restless

Restless Certifiable
    Stratics Veteran

having the quantity right on the scroll over would be best in my opinion but using the item id skill on an item could be cool if it said additional info such as realm the item came from and the date it was released and perhaps a quick recap of the event itself... any sort of additional lore on items is always good for nostalgic purposes :)

11. Manticore

Manticore Babbling Loonie
    Stratics Veteran Alumni

Why not literally have it the way the OP stated, i.e. for each item that dropped on the monster in a bag, have a deed accompanying it that says "the name of the item and 1 of 10" etc..

That way, when people do trade them, they will also include the deed which makes them more authentic and desirable etc..

12. Cear Dallben Dragon

Cear Dallben Dragon Babbling Loonie
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

You'd have to ask bonnie up front. Personally I want less text on items, just name and stones. However Atlantic's EM has made it very clear that item quantities will never be disclosed.

13. Restless

Restless Certifiable
    Stratics Veteran

the literal deed accompanying it could be cool also but it wont really address any dupe identification measures becuz either the deed may not be displayed with the item or could have just been stated as separated from the item somehow... literal deeds would add another cool lil addition to some museums :) i'm not trying to imply that there is or will be another duping scenario (i left the game a couple years ago right in the midst of a huge duping epidemic) but the signal flare will shoot pretty quick if u see 2 of the same items both with "6/10" on it

14. lineman

lineman Rares Fest Host | Ches Jan 2011
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

When item is dbl clicked it says something out loud (kinda like a haunted mirror) "Congratulations on looting a 1 of 10 event item", "Congratulations on looting a unique item" or in Gunga,s case "Congratulations on looting a 1 of 1000 item-sucker"

Its a stretch but just adding on some already great ideas.

15. Athelas

Athelas Lore Keeper
    Stratics Veteran Alumni

Yeah it would pretty much have to be apart of the actual item. A lot of great ideas in this thread.

• About Us

Stratics is the oldest continually running MMORPG Fansite on the Internet. Founded in 1997 Stratics has served the Ultima Online Community for 18 years. We strive to provide the most complete social experience for Ultima Online players.
  • Subscribe Now!

Want to provide Continual Support? Subscribe and gain additional benefits as a patron of Stratics.com!
    Subscribe Now!

Stratics Professional Accounts feature the following advantages:

• Ad-Free Browsing of our Forums
    • Upload a custom Profile Cover
    • Unlimited media upload storage space
    • Use of the theme styler
    • Ability to collapse the sidebar
    • Premium background themes to choose from
    • Access to additional features of the Classifieds System
    • Ability to Customize Your User Title
    • No Post Delays
    • Additional Signature Allowances:
    • Special Professional Banner Display with your Account
    • PM Allowance Upgrade
    • Additional Thread Allowances
  • Support Us!

Don't feel like subscribing? Donations to benefit the further development of Stratics and for purchase and inclusion of additional features are always welcome.

Donate to us!